Do you oppose Gay marriage?

by LittleToe 145 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

TS:

Tell me, have you always been so ardent a supporter of gay rights?

No. I once was a bigotted JW...

Tell me where there's a Christian society, please. Last time I looked society in general was owned by no-one, and was viewed as the "world" by most Christian groups.

What did Jesus mean when praying about us not being taken out of the world?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Gretchen,

I have to agree with you to some extent about Lesbian's. It's only less risky because they do not have an appendage. Also, give me some FACTS.

The Bible may seem outdated for those whose message is unacceptable.

I have my own reservations about the Bible too, I don't condone slavery.

I don't know why Jesus didn't mention it, but the Law Covenant does.

Jesus did say that "such has always been the case from the beginning", i.e., "a man must leave his father and his mother and must stick to his wife."

Do you really think that gays present at his sermon would feel comfortable that he was speaking to them too?

Joelbear, that has no substance. Admit it - you like the behavior and the lifestyle, and damn anyone who actually tells you its wrong. Little things that you've said have given yourself away.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Joel:
    Which comes down to the crux of the matter of morality, to me. I don't honestly see that one "sin" is ultimately worse than another, if we are to take the biblical perspective of a "Holy God".

Personally I have an issue with paedophiles, woman-beaters, and cold-murders, as I view these as extreme examples of people affecting the rights, life and health of other individuals. If I were a compulsive liar, cheat or alcoholic, should I be viewed better or worse than a homosexual, by the Christian community? How about the world in general?

If Jesus could happily consort with tax collectors and harlots, why should "Christians" (and I use the term advisedly) start throwing stones around regarding other people's business?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

LittleToe

No. I once was a bigotted JW...

Tell me where there's a Christian society, please. Last time I looked society in general was owned by no-one, and was viewed as the "world" by most Christian groups.

What did Jesus mean when praying about us not being taken out of the world?

It seems your life as a JW was unpleasant.

I am a JW, but I don't believe what they say anymore - I am simply one in name, and I have to play their game - for now - but that does not mean I just throw away morals.

There isn't any where you can point to in Society and say "look, there go the Christians" - we exist everywhere, in most countries.

Besides, you are deliberately adding red herrings to get off the topic.

I suspect that if you and I were having a frank discussion, over a pint or two, face to face, looking at ALL the facts, for and against, you might be a little more honest with yourself.

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::Because they know that ordainary people would never vote for gay marriage.
    Well, I'm an ordinary person and I will vote in favor of equal rights everytime.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

LT, I think you are missing the point.

If Jesus could happily consort with tax collectors and harlots, why should "Christians" (and I use the term advisedly) start throwing stones around regarding other people's business?

Jesus did not happily seek their company because he enjoyed it. He came to "save sinners"

there was a positive response from visiting Zaccheaus, the tax collector. He sold his belongings and paid back what he had overcharged.

The harlot, he told her "to sin no more."

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

You know, the few of us that have posted here, in disapproval of gay marriage, have been brow beaten by bullies for even suggesting their behavior is wrong.

This is how I see it.

Christians will decline to the point that they are a minority.

It may take years, decades.

But then, Christinas will have to petition Congress to be classed as a special group, with rights and protections.

In time, when the world has gone gay, Christians will be filing lawsuits to overturn the Federal Homosexual Defense Act.

One state after another, Christians will be making ground, spreading their message.

Christians will be granted equal opportunities.

Life's not so bad after all.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Odrade, there's always an exception - welcome.

• joelbear
    joelbear

what religion are you truthseeker.

um, hell yeah, i enjoy the behavior. there is no lifestyle.

i have no problem with you thinking its wrong, you aren't someone whose opinion will shape my values.

i decide for myself what i think is right and wrong based on my own system of ethics or those who i respect.

there is no god. the bible is garbage. those are my opinions. you are welcome to yours.

i shouldn't be able to deny you civil rights because i think your beliefs make you a lunatic.

you shouldn't be able to deny my civil rights because you think my sexual conduct makes me immoral.

its easy, isn't it, i mean even a moron can understand this right?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No, I think YOU are missing the point.

I started this thread and asked some specific questions. If you don't like that, then don't come complaining to me, Start your own thread.

For the third time - do you think Christians have a right to impose their standards on the "world"?

Isn't this world passing away? Since when did we have a right to reform it? Isn't that a little presumptious?

My life as a JW was fine, by JW standards. Then I was found by Christ, and the rest is history. If he could accept me, as a bigotted JW Elder, then methinks he can accept anyone. The least I can do is accept others in return, unbegrudgingly!

Since you raise the issue of the aldultress (there's no conclusive evidence she was a harlot), did he forgive her before or after she proved worthy? Further, do you think it's likely that she later sinned again at some point? Even a little white lie? Do YOU get the point yet?

As for the beer, sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit