Seriously, they`re burning down our embassys now.

by Hellrider 88 Replies latest social current

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

The cartoon-rage continues. In Syria, protesters have now burned the norwegian and danish embassys to the ground. The latest news is that they are rioting in Copenhagen, Denmark, where 200 moslems have stormed the Sentral Station (the railwaystation), and throwing bricks and rocks. They are protesting in Palestine and burning our flags (which is ok), but seriously: Burning down embassys?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/02/04/syria.cartoon.ap/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4681294.stm

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/international/international-religion-cartoons-syria.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

"Protesters also threw stones at the building, shattering windows. Chanting ``God is Great,'' they stormed the embassy, burned the Danish flag and replaced it with another flag reading ``No God but Allah, Mohammad is His Prophet.''

• Soledad
    Soledad

Over some cartoons?

Do they realize that their behavior proves exactly what the rest of the world thinks of them?

Religious fanatics:

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yeah, can you picture Pat Robertson or T.D. Jakes doing that over some political cartoons about Jesus?

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

But Islam is a religion of love and tolerance... no "true" Muslim would eeeeever to anything like that!

I wonder how the Muslims countries would respond to the world demanding they stop making racist Caricatures of Jews, images depicting the beheading of non-Muslims and burning national flags?

Oh wait... the world already did that and the Muslims screamed "Freedom of Speech!"

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

To me, who has not lived in the Muslim world, it can appear to be touchy, touchy. Maybe if I had a different upbringing, it would not be so funny. But, isn't it like a cartoonist depicting Jesus leading the Spanish Inquisition. Some Catholics would be offended, but I'm not sure if there would be rioting. I think the rioting is the result, not of the cartoons, but of the state of the Muslim/Christian tensions that are mounting. In Europe, Muslims make up a large part of the population. The Europeans must feel like they are getting inundated, and the Muslims feel ....well, like rioting. In any event, violent rioting is NOT the answer and does nothing to advance the cause.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

The Muslims are yet another example of the danger of religion.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"I am treated as evil by people who claim that they are being oppressed because they are not allowed to force me to practice what they do".—D. Dale Gulledge

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

That pretty much sums it up, Elsewhere. I`m gonna save that quote.

• skyman
    skyman

Can we all say religious fanatics really fast four times

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have a long hard think about Islam and radical Islam. My view is that in the long term they are actually detracting from Islam and not advancing iis cause. If it had not been cartoons something else would have triggered a big protest worldwide. What I find interesting is the stance of the two BIGH BAD BOYS - The United States and Great Britain.

I actually find it amusing that people burn down buildings and shout God is Great - surely some contradiction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit