Seriously, they`re burning down our embassys now.

by Hellrider 88 Replies latest social current

• Gregor
    Gregor

Ballistic,

I don't think the black/criminal is an apples for apples analogy. I am not a racist.

"Every single" Muslim? Of course not. But MOST of them. The so-called 'moderate' Muslims are completely silent about the extremists acts of terror against innocent people. Many make excuses for their silence. They say they are AFRAID to speak out against the murderers who have hijacked their religion. Well, that doesn't cut it. Like a wife who is afraid to speak up to a mate that is abusing the kids, she becomes an accomplice.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I think that most of the muslims who have LEFT the middle east are the moderate and "sane" muslims! I think that 95% of those who chose to remain in that region are a danger

That`s what I thought too, but now I think otherwise. When I see moslems, even second-generation moslems (born in my country), saying on the TV in a street interview that "this means war", and that we (the non-moslems) should be punished for this (and by that, they usually mean violently), then I have to wonder. Could it be that the problem is actually in the religion? I mean, if this violent hatred transcends all land-barriers, cultures, etc, is it possible that the problem actually is in the religion? If it isn`t, then why does it show up here too, in a democratic, western country, with civil rights, welfare and no torture/death penalty?

Gregor, I can't see every single muslim burning embassys or even flags for that matter. The fact that *some* people act this way is not a reason to prejudice a whole nation or religion or region. You are comparable to someone saying that all blacks are criminals.

I don`t see the comparison. It doesn`t matter which culture or region or religion you are brought up in. You are a human being, and you should be able to see the sickness in your own culture and/or religion, and if you realize that it`s all so wrong, then you should leave it. Much in the same way as the participants on this forum have realized that there is sickness in the JW-religion, and consequently left it. This is not comparable with the distinction white/black. A person is born of a certain race, either black or white, and this is insignificant to his nature, level of agression, capability to feel sympathy, his intelligence etc. It`s not the same. I don`t think it`s wrong to have a serious distaste for a certain religion, because whether a person chooses to belong to a certain religion, or act in a certain way (within his religion/culture) then these are his choices, and he has to be held accountable for the way he acts. If there is a "high level of violence" within a certain culture or within the participants of a certain religion, then wouldn`t it be the responsibility of the individual to get out, or at least see the problems within his particular religion/culture? When a person kneels in a mosque, and he hears the mullah say "all the non-moslems must suffer and be punished for the horrible cartoons of our prophet peace be upon him", then isn`t it the responsibility of the individual moslem to see thru the crap coming out of the mullahs mouth, and not act upon the things he says? In comparison, a person can`t "leave" his race, no matter which race it would be "popular" to belong to at the moment. I`ve seen 14-year-old white kids in my country dress hip-hoppier than snoop doggy dogg, but that won`t ever make them black. And Michael Jackson will never be a white woman, no matter how hard he tries. Nor does that matter one little bit. But a person can leave a particular mindset/religion, or at least, it is the persons own individual responsibility what he does, while he is in that religion. And I can`t see anything wrong in investigating a particular religion (like we do with the WTS-religion all the time here on JWD), to see if there is anything in its doctrinal system or its history that has caused a certain pattern of behaviour. One thing I find to be a bit strange: Not many people here like the JWs very much, myself included. And we talk shit about them all the time,and noone raises an eyebrow. But when it comes to Islam, then we suddenly have to watch what we say? (well, some don`t, lol). Why is that?

• ballistic
    ballistic
    But MOST of them

Well, that's where I think you make your first mistake. How do you know this? Have you done a survey? The first muslim I met in England was the most likeable guy you ever met, invited me for a beer at every opportunity and made sure he gave me a good meal when I went to see him.

Why would I form an opinion that muslims are "mostly" one way or the other? Just like when you see a riot in a city in the US, would you presume everyone in that city is the same, riots all the time and extrapolate all kinds of other so called "facts" based on that one event?

• z
    z
    And Michael Jackson will never be a white woman, no matter how hard he tries

this is the best so far lolololololol hehehehe

• ballistic
    ballistic
    I don`t see the comparison. It doesn`t matter which culture or region or religion you are brought up in. You are a human being, and you should be able to see the sickness in your own culture and/or religion, and if you realize that it`s all so wrong, then you should leave it.

Hellrider, what if you wake up one day and realise you live in a greedy society that only cares for itself, wasteful and polluting, dominated by money with a thirst for exhaustable resources, inextricable desire for sex, and free speech no matter who it hurts, and believes itself better than any other world view, .... are YOU prepared to "leave it" as you put it.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I'm not a friend of Islam but I think that the papers were very stupid to try to test the freedom of speech issue on the muslims. They were especially stupid for trying it with mohammed. There are some things you just leave alone and this is one of them.
    I think there is an agenda here on the part of the west and it is not about the freedom of speech. Maybe it's about preparing the Europeans for war with Iran. They've now seen the fury of Islam in Europe as espoused by the Iranians against the West this is a good reason to support the hawks that want war.

• z
    z

if some of you understand interviews in Al Jazeera by so called man of god how the see the west? Fornicator, adulterer, people with no believe, alcoholic, murders……and so on

personally I know nice Muslim but must are brainwashed by the Media and their government and this is part of their culture sorry to say almost like JW

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

z,

the west has democracy at home but exports war and crime to the countries it wishes to subjugate. How then is the west any better?

• z
    z

They were especially stupid for trying it with mohammed. There are some things you just leave alone and this is one of them.

Freedom of speech????????

So dabble standard is ok? The can but we can’t

Z

• z
    z

the west has democracy at home but exports war and crime to the countries it wishes to subjugate.

Believe me if the could you will not able to stop them

Z

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit