Seriously, they`re burning down our embassys now.

by Hellrider 88 Replies latest social current

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Wonderful quote Elsewhere, here's another one that seems appropriate -

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

CD

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

one thing's for sure, the islamic world really does need a good PR man.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Over some cartoons?

Do they realize that their behavior proves exactly what the rest of the world thinks of them?

Religious fanatics:

Exactly!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I heard a NPR news broadcast about the cartoons and uproar that they had enduced, but to see the burning buildings and distruction.......

• LDH
  • greendawn
    greendawn

How quickly and unexpectedly trouble can flare up with the Moslems. No Christians would act that way if Christ was satyrised.

• prophecor
    prophecor

We're dealing with persons who's mentality defy imagination. Zealotry in the form of Islamic extremism is frightfully dangerous. This kind of energy defies comprehension as they do not operate from the mindset of most people. They do not even compare with the religions of the west, in their regard for other people, their cultures or respect for their traditions.

"Christianity" and that which the west promotes is something abhorrent in their eyes. With all their freedoms, moral, secular, religious and otherwise, it becomes a threat to their culture as a country, and a stain on their way of life, while the west infiltrates their society, with the sex, music, loose morals and questionable living. They believe themselves to be doing the work of God, by exterminating the influences of virtually free thinking societies.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Does no one here think the media have been extremely irresponsible?

• kid-A
    kid-A

I am not even so sure this is a religious issue so much as a cultural and racial issue. Western culture experienced the renaissance and the enlightenment and christianity was reformed as a result of that allowing for a distinction between church and state. In the islamic world, the religion is the state. Offending religious sensibility is tantamount to offending the entire national psyche.

Having said that, this seems to be a problem restricted largely to arab muslims. We dont see these protests and fanatical reactions in turkey, bosnia or in the asian muslim populations, at least, certainly not to the same degree. What continues to amaze me is, why the hell do they keep migrating to western cultures if they cant deal with freedom of expression and thought?

• Gill
    Gill

kid-A - The answer to why they migrate to western culture? The scary cleric I saw on the news last night announced that in the west 'You are all animals! Islam is coming. We are going to take over the world!'

STOP THE WORLD! I WANT TO GET OFF!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit