we have the truth there is no doubt

by PMJ 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PMJ
    PMJ

ok but regarding the 70 years the bible does say it will lay desalote for 70 years.now if another scripture sounds like it says diffrent.does that mean it is diffrent?weather im right or wrong or weather your right or wrong all deapends on weather jerusalam was desalote for 70 years.because you get all your calculations from the year 586bce.but if your interpation of the scriptures is wrong it changes everything

• shark attack
    shark attack

HI PMJ I LIKE YOU PLEASE KEEP POSTING IT'S NO FUN IF WE ALL AGREE.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

So PMJ, when does the 70 years begin? Do they begin in Nebuchadnezzars 18th year, when Jerusalem is destroyed? Or do they begin with the first attacks on Judah, or when the first captives are taken away? Or when the last captives were taken away? What does "desolate" mean? That there were no Temple? Or that there were no Temple and no people left?

Make up your mind.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont give him too much too soon...He is just learning!!! I hope he will research before he wastes more years in bondage.. He sounds very young.

• shark attack
    shark attack

THE FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS ONE.SOON HE WILL BE A JEDI

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Jesus said there were two laws: love God, love your neighbor. Very simple message. If we concentrate on those two things, you may find that trying to figure out when the "end" will be fades into the insignificance it deserves.

As for Jehovah's Witnesses having THE truth about anything at all, I strongly disagree. The cult -- um, sorry, RELIGION -- may have started out with good intentions, but it has become nothing more than another mainstream fundamentalist high control group of isolationists. And I know of whence I speak: I was born to Witness parents, raised a Witness, regular pioneered for 13 years, believed it heart and soul until I saw too many things wrong for me to continue to close my eyes. I have always prayed to see the truth about everything: my religion, my loved ones, my life -- and I believe my prayers were answered.

PMJ, if the early Christian congregation, founded by Jesus Christ himself, could go apostate, why can't this one?

Welcome to the board, by the way -- you'll learn a lot here, if you allow it. I joined after I walked out of the Kingdom Hall for the last time, and it's been a great support.

Cheers,

Nina

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well after reading this thread I would say there is doubt.

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

The real doubt is as to whether you are working with full deck. It's evident that not only are you biblically and historically ignorant, but you must be a few bricks shy of a full load. You need to stop posting and start reading. There's no excuse for willing ignorance!!!

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Is "willing ignorance" a bad thing? Not trying to pick on anyone I swear...I am just curious..

I have come to a possible conclusion....Is wanting to be able to see into the future a bad thing? Why not enjoy the ride, and stop worrying about wanting to know what tomorrow brings? What would be the fun in it....You could never make a mistake, therefore you couldn't learn or grow. Am I off base?

• Flash
    Flash
    "we have the truth there is no doubt"

"The Truth" as defined how? Has EVERYTHING the Governing Body ever taught in modern times been correct and from God and His Son? ...I don't think so, there is much 'human' reasoning and human laws/traditions being forced on the cogregation...starting from the Apostle Paul.

These are the Witness doctrines I believe are "truth":

• Jehovah is not a trinity.
  • Jesus is God's first creation.
  • The Angelic rebellion is the source of all our troubles.
  • The Great Tribulation and Armageddon are literal and coming.
  • God will use the worlds governments to destroy world religion.
  • The Thousand Year reign is real.
  • The Resurrection is the only hope for the majority of the dead.
  • The Little Flock will become a literal Heavenly Government.
  • Satan and his Demons have a finite time to exist and will be terminated.

These are my two main disagreements with the JW's:

I believe their acceptance of the Bible as God's word in every way is incorrect.

and...

I believe the GB's emphasis of the OT and their advancing the teachings and 'opinions' of the Apostle Paul over Christ's is a GROSS ERROR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit