never seen so much hatred

by PMJ 247 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PMJ
    PMJ

how do they get tangled up when talking about jesus

• zagor
    zagor

PMJ, just one question. Why are you here?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, thanks to messages I had to the shy guy on the board, saying thanks from more than one person. Go PMJ.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Welcome aboard PMJ!
    You intially asked why so much hatred? Well, if you look around you will find that many here, like myself, ended up being abused by the leadership of the organization. After years of abuse and injustice, it is a little hard not to have some hatred for those who one so trusted and who betrayed that trust. I know, I am among that crowd!
    I try to take a higher road and only tell what I can of my experiences and those of others I know, some of whom are still in the organization. But every once and a while, the anger still comes through. The Society often says that those who leave are a bitter bunch. They ought to know, they made us! Enough Watchtower bashing for the moment.
    The conversation, as I see it, is about the trinity doctrine and touches on John 1:1. You'd probably be surprised to find out that is one of the JW doctrines I still abide in. Although I am not a real great advocate of the NWT, I do agree with its rendering of that verse. Almost any first year student of Greek can tell you that the Greek there does not support a trinitarian rendering if one leaves out the Bogus Colwell's Rule. For many years, trinitarian scholars have been trying to explain that fact away with no real success. Now I have no problem with somebody believing in the trinity if they want to, that is between them and God alone in my opinion. I am nobody's judge. But lets at least translate his word as accurately as possible. Since the NWT's rendering really makes no real difference when it comes to proving whether or not there is a trinity, it amazes me the way many scholars come out and condemned it They ought to know better!
    Well, glad to meet you PMJ. time to let somebody else speak.

Forscher

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have it all recorded on a cassette tape.

They denied it at first and wanted to know if I had been on the internet. As if that is supposed to make a difference. For almost 60 years the Watchtower told us that the United Nations was the beast of Revelation and that Babylon the Great was riding on its back like a harlot. Then in 1991 the Watchtower society joined the United nations and printed a lot of articles in the AWAKE magazines about the United Nations. 2 days after the Guardian newspaper in England published a story about it the watchtower Society dissolved their relationship with the United Nations.

What do you think about that?

• PMJ
    PMJ

the reason im here is because i wanted to see just what people are saying the 586 bce v 607bce has pussled me for a while?ive just ordered a book buy rolf furili about the lenth of the captivity.i realy feel thou that the answer to who is right is who the 70 years apply to.in all honesty they can be taken eather way buy deapending on how you look at it. when i read such scriptures as jerimiah 29v10 i truly do feel it is talking about the captivity but thats why im here to prove it to my self but ill read rolf furilis his book with intreset

• serendipity
    serendipity

Is anyone else experiencing Derek/defd deja vu?

• ballistic
    ballistic

No.

• PMJ
    PMJ

so you have your self talking with the governing body on casste tape?you said they deanide it at first did they eventualy say they did ahve dealings with them?and when we say dealings what kind of dealings are we talking about?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    how do they get tangled up when talking about jesus

First they deny that He is God and then they say He is a god in John 1:1 In Hebrews 1:6 the Green New World Translation says let all the angels worshipped him but then later they changed that verse to read let all the angels do obeisance to him.

Also, within a period of only 2 months in 1978, Watchtower publications said that the "Alpha and Omega" of Revelation refers to: Jehovah God (AWAKE August 22, 1978 page 28) Jesus Christ (WATCHTOWER October 1, 1978 page 15)
    Another problem the Watchtower has is if Jesus were formerly known as the Archangel Michael (THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE page 49) and (WATCHTOWER November 1, 1995 page 81), why does the Bible make it very clear that Michael is a created angel who does not have the authority to rebuke Satan (Jude 9), whereas the Lord Jesus DID rebuke Satan when he was in human form (Matthew 4:10)?
    In Luke 4:12, the New World Translation translates kurios (Greek - lord) as "Jehovah", which makes the verse read, "You must not put Jehovah your God to the test." Why is kurios translated as "Jehovah" in this verse? Was the devil, in Luke 4:9-11, putting Jehovah to the test or was he putting Jesus to the test?
    Jesus is referred to as "Mighty God" in Isaiah 9:6 Jehovah is referred to as "Mighty God" in Isaiah 10:20-21 and Jeremiah 32:18. How can this be if the Bible says there is only ONE God (1 Corinthians 8:4, Isaiah 43:10 and Isaiah 44:6)?
    This is just a few examples of the many that the Watchtower gets all tangled up about Jesus. What do you think about it, PMJ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit