Brand New Blood Card

by PoppyR 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• observador
    observador

Nina, Merry Christimas. ((((((Nina)))))

• zagor
    zagor
    It's quite a bit different. And has the line on it about giving permission to the hospital liason committee to see your notes and medical records..

HLC are nothing but f***ed up idots who don't have balls to help you when you need them, all they want to know is whether you've done something "inappropriate" (hence the reason for total control of what you might be up to). Such control existed only in old communist countries. Where is trust everyone is preaching about, where is love?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Delusion on the part of those who sign that their medical record will not get out...and into the gossip mill.

That is a very important point. The law does not require the elders to keep the medical info they learned confidential. They are free to do whatever they wish with that info.

As I said on the other thread after reading the wording from the new card (as posted in the forum), I seriously do not believe many healthcare providers would accept the card as a release of info. I am certified in healthcare regulatory compliance. It is up to each hospital to determine the appropriateness of releases they receive. Most hospitals have gone through a lengthy process to create their own forms to ensure they meet all fed and state requirements; they do not like accepting someone else's forms--especially one so poorly written as the card.

I believe most hospitals would tell the patient this document is insufficient and offer them the opportunity to fill out appropriate forms. Then, sometime after discharge when the record is complete, the medical record would be made available to the elders. The elders would have the option of coming in and reading the record or paying for copies. I can totally envision elders becoming hostile, claiming they have the right to immediate unbridled access to the record because the patient signed the card, and having the hospital's Privacy Official explain to them how sorely they misunderstand the laws and regulations.

IMO this document in itself is not going to have a significant effect on release of medical info.

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

The ad at the bottom of this page is for a guide to "Jewish Business Ethics." That must be about as short as the list of French war heroes.

• rebel8
  • Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Oh, that was funny and you know it. My Jewish friend Evan would laugh, I guarantee you.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    In Australia the patient notes are the property of the doctor, (or hospital). They are not the patients property. If a patient wants access to the notes they have to ask (nicely!!) permission. Even then sometimes they may have to apply under freedom of information act for copies of these records. So I don't see this new card happening in OZ.

My mother was in the hospital for quite a long time and my 2 siblings and I had concerns over some of the medications and treatment that she was receiving, so we discussed this with her and drew up an authorization agreement giving us access to her records. She signed the paper as did the 3 of us and we had it witnessed by one of the staff there. We ensured that a copy was placed in her file and from that point on there was no problem with us reviewing or questioning what was in there. To me, this would be no different than the HLC having access so I can see no legal issues if it's all consenual. The bottom line is going to be based on trust - why sign it if you trust your family to do what's best for you? Do you and should you trust the HLC? BTW - my experience took place in Canada. sammieswife.

• observador
    observador

No scan of the Blood Card yet?

Anyone?

• c914
    c914

I am looking for a copy of the new blood card also. Do you have a copy you can email me? My entire family are JWs and I am not. Any insight into the WTs scheme of ownership would be helpful.

• toreador
    toreador

Add me to the list of wanting a scan of the new blood card.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit