Brand New Blood Card

by PoppyR 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Hubby has just come back from the service meeting where they have been handed out brand new style blood cards, now called 'Advance Decision to Refuse Specified Medical Treatment'

It's quite a bit different. And has the line on it about giving permission to the hospital liason committee to see your notes and medical records.. very scary stuff I think, and I certainly wont be filling one in.

I'm really short of time tonight, but will scan it in, along with the notes that go with it and try and post it some time over the next day or so if someone else doesn't beat me to it!

Poppy x

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    giving permission to the hospital liason committee to see your notes and medical records..

HIPPA work-around...

J

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

*yikes*

~Merry

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

More I think about this, the angrier I become. Who in the hell do these morons think they are? Permission to see my medical and hospital records? Are these people absolutely out of their friggen mind???

This is disgusting... next, they'll be disfellowshipping anyone who does not sign it... Why don't they just print, "I acknowledge that I have no rights as a human being in the eyes of this cult, and since I have absolutely no brain, I am turning my body, mind and soul over to these vultures to do with as they see fit."

Grrrrrrrr.........

J

• sir82
    sir82

Note the original poster is in Great Britain.

We'll have to wait to see if there are any changes in the US card.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It makes me wonder how much more control they want over peoples lives. I can see some of the people in my old kh thinking twice about signing something like that, I know I would have done, but most of them will go along with it and sign more of their lives away.

• Scully
    Scully
    And has the line on it about giving permission to the hospital liason committee to see your notes and medical records

Anyone who doesn't want to have this stipulation honored should CROSS IT OUT ON THE BLOOD CARD and INITIAL & DATE IT BEFORE SIGNING IT AND HAVING IT WITNESSED.

It should look something like this:

I hereby authorize members of Jehovah's Witnesses Hospital Liaison Committee to have access to my medical records. XYZ 12/20/2005

I didn't think I could get any more disgusted by the WTS than I already am. But I was wrong.

Here is a quote from their own publications:

"The patient has the right to . . . expect that all communications and records pertaining to his care will be treated as confidential" [Awake!, March 8, 1991, p. 7]

That line on the blood card is an open invitation for people who have no right to private health care information to gain access to your private health care information. And that access could extend to far more than just a hospital visit - if the hospital requests to have records transferred from other institutions, doctors offices, etc. (they sometimes do to get a complete history on a patient) the HLC will have all your information available to them. You DON'T WANT THAT.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Note the original poster is in Great Britain.

What happened to UNITY, regardless of geographical boundaries? Isn't the USA even more strict as far as medical records go? Or am I just guessing here? Any med people want to chime in?

giving permission to the hospital liason committee to see your notes and medical records

This just gives the non-medically trained window washers HLC a chance to take a peek to see if you accepted any of the banned blood fractions. Of course, they could be using this as an opportunity to toss in a suggestion or two to the doctors about giving you saline, EPO or any other WTS sponsored treatment. Afterall, if the Blood booklet is the authority on blood management, they will no doubt know more than the doctors themselves.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Poppy,

PLEASE scan and post. I will take the picture and host on a Web site so that we don't lose that. UBM's need to see it so they can discuss with their mates what the legal ramifications of the contract are.

I hope they screw themselves with this thing.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree. We need time to develop a response.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit