GAGS I HAVE PROUDLY PULLED ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES :)

by Nate Merit 171 Replies latest social humour

• Nellie
    Nellie

I can only assume that you had some serious issues with the elders at that hall - otherwise you would have targeted Bethel or the Headquarters. Did it help? Do you feel better? Done?

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello Dedpoet

You, like everyone else that responded, speaks as though these pranks were recent. They werent. Perhaps you need some glasses or remedial reading instruction?

1984 was twenty one years ago. However, I asked Mark Smith about these pranks this morning, and he pointed out we had pulled them in 1979, not 1984. I was driving truck in Dallas in 1984. I'd only been out of the JW's for six years when we pulled these pranks. Let me tell you something else. I was DFed back during the 1975 era, and theit DFing me plunged me into a world of drugs, alcohol, depression, and suicide attempts. It took me over a decade of counseling to get over it.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Misspeaches!

So far in my reading of these responses you're the only one who has noticed these pranks were pulled a long time ago. Goodonyemate!

1984 was twenty one years ago. However, I asked Mark Smith about these pranks this morning, and he pointed out we had pulled them in 1979, not 1984. I was driving truck in Dallas in 1984. I'd only been out of the JW's for six years when we pulled these pranks.

Thanks for posting! have a great week and weekend.
    Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi JWFacts!

Thank you! mark and I also, the same time frame, were pulling pranks on a Church of Christ in the area. Mark was DFed from the C o C.

This is for you because you enjoyed the pranks:

As our last prank on the JW's in Ann Arbor, we bought copies of both magazines from some JW's that had come to Mark's apartment door. Then we went door to door as Jehovah's Witnesses. I had a gigantic beard at the time, totally hillbilly looking.

My opening line was "Hello. My friend and I are Jehovah's Witnesses, and we'd like to tell you the Good News that Jehovah God will soon murder everyone and destroy everything, except for Jehovah's Witnesses. Would you like to purchase some magazines that explain this?"

Everyone of course said no. One gal slammed the door, so I started banging on the door and yelling 'JEHOVAH WILL GET YOU! JEHOVAH IS GOING TO DESTROY YOU!" The we took off down the street and into Marks car, figuring the gal probably called the police.

The best encounter was with the pastor of a Pentecostal church. His residence was right next door to the church. He was obviously puzzled by my beard, and when I offered him the magazines, he said "Sure, I'll buy them. How much?" Well, jeez, the mags were our props! Without them how could we be JW's? So real quick I said

"They're five dollars."

The minister looked at me suspiciously. "They weren't that much the last time I bought them."

"Price went up," I deadpanned, not so much as a quiver of laughter or betrayal of expression.

Thanks for having a sesne of humor.
    Nate

• Cellist
    Cellist

Nate, you had us laughing here! When I think of the harm that group dishes out, I think you let them off light. On top of the harm they cause to their members, they're proud of harrassing "the world". When I think of the times we called on people on a Holiday or early on a weekend, I cringe. I must have put a sour note into their day.

Cellist

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Honestly, Honesty

Have you ever considered getting a sense of humor, or perhaps a better grasp of what you're reading?

1984 was twenty one years ago Honesty, not recent. However, I asked Mark Smith about these pranks this morning, and he pointed out we had pulled them in 1979, not 1984. I was driving truck in Dallas in 1984. I'd only been out of the JW's for six years when we pulled these pranks. Let me tell you something else. I was DFed back during the 1975 era, and theit DFing me plunged me into a world of drugs, alcohol, depression, and suicide attempts. It took me over a decade of counseling to get over it. So yes, sweetie, I got counseling. This was very therapeutic and my counselor had a sense of humor.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Happy Dad

1984 was twenty one years ago, not recent. However, I asked Mark Smith about these pranks this morning, and he pointed out we had pulled them in 1979, not 1984. I was driving truck in Dallas in 1984. I'd only been out of the JW's for six years when we pulled these pranks. *Sigh*

• Cellist
    Cellist

I have to say, that last experience was priceless. LMAO

Cellist

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Could we reach a middle ground here by just laughing at what has been done and saying, "Don't try this at home!"

Dave

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

THANK YOU NATHAN NATAS!

I agree! (Of course)

Duh. I just now realized that Natas is Satan backward. And here I am telling folks to read things more carefully.

Thanks again Nathan.
    Nathan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit