Something I want to tell you apostates

by LeftBehind 136 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I saw a householder presentation once where a faithful JW patiently explained to her sister-in-law why they no longer attended family events. The householder, predictably, meekly took the JW's explanation and bible verses with new sympathy.

leftbehind, I suggest you take the role of the householder here, and patiently hear out our own stories. I have reasons for not wanting to join the society, but I am no family-breaker.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

It's really too bad that he/she did even reply, I would have paid good money to see that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm pissed at all of you jws for putting up with the WTBTS shunning policies. If all of you stood up to the governing body and said, "Hell no, we are not going to shun our family members anymore!", then you wouldn't have lost your family member. You are shunning him. He is not shunning you. You made the choice, sister.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

LOL! Is that you, Freddy?

• delilah
    delilah
    Nah, Richie hasnt officially left yet. He maybe hasn't officially left yet, but in his mom's mind, she may think he has....I dunno, I was just reading everyone's replies, and the thought came to me. Especially since this post came so quickly after Richie's announcement.....also, I suppose it's because that's how my mom would react......Richie's mom came across information, and she puts 2 and 2 together........the rest is printed here in the beginning of this thread. unless..............it's MY MOM.....AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!! then I'm busted.
    M
  • minimus
    minimus

I hope I have helped getting people out of the Witness cult. I mean that sincerely.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Which reminds me of a story.....

My mom has episodes of paranoia. Most of the time she's just fine, sometimes she is as fruity as Chiquita's Sombrero.

I have a nutty mom.

Many years ago, I worked in the file room of a high-profile office, and we received a regular supply of letters from the nutters, who assumed that their daily lives were being controlled by the government cartels, and they alternately furiously or meekly asked my employer to stop. I joked that one day I'd have to file a letter from my mom.

Then it happened.

First, I noticed the envelope was a little odd; one of those return envelopes from the utility companies, written over. Hmmm. I knew someone that did that. Then I saw the handwriting, and I dropped the letter like it was covered in red hot fire ants.

Mom!

• belbab
    belbab

Left behind. I find your posting name intriguing. You are left behind, I am sure your loved one would love to have you go out with him. He hasn't forced his opinions on to you has he? He realized you would have to make your own decisions.

As a JW you believe the Bible, No? Well what about the words of Jesus, If one sheep goes astray, you must leave the ninety-nine and go and find the lost one. Why did he say that? I believe it is because that wandering sheep has the key to your shortcomings. The ninety-nine were failing in their shepherding abilities.

In Hebrews 13:12,13 it says that Jesus suffered outside the camp and Let us go to him also outside the camp.

Try it, you might like it.

belbab

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

A friend of mine helped get me out of the jws, and I'll never be able to thank him enough for it. I hope I can help someone else in the same way one day.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Okay LeftBehind, here take some tissues and go to the library so you can let all that pain and hurt out-Jehovah wont let you suffer more than you can bear.....Fuck man, it seems like you need some professional help or counselling.......harden up soldier, the persecution of Jehovah's people is only starting - just wait 'til the UN turns on religion !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit