Something I want to tell you apostates

by LeftBehind 136 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I was gonna hop on here and put my 2cents in, but I think everyone else pretty much covered it. All the WTF's, bite me's, you are the shunners, etc very well put and written. So basically, I just wanted to post so my pretty face would be in the mix and yell "yeah what they said!" (boss is looking at me funny)

Big Willy

• startingover
    startingover

Back in the days when JW's were actually being successful in recruiting members from other religions and not just baptizing their children for growth, I wonder how many people in other religions could have written this same thing to the JW's that took their family member away.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

leftbehind, I am sorry that you are sufferring over this, but you need to understand that none of us can persuade someone to change their beliefs. That happens when a person takes a serious look at what theyv'e been taught and, if they come to the realisation that what they believe is not the truth, they leave. I did, most of the posters on here did, and your family member has done so.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have a friend at work - a Catholic - his family was destroyed too. When his wife and children were kidnapped by Jehovah's Witlesses from the only true faith.

Can you believe it: she divorced him ( on the grounds of absolute endangerment of spirituality) - the only non sexual grounds for separation allowed by JW. Waited for him to become desperate for love, then married again as he was the adulterer.

Reminds me of jesus words about divorcing to make the other a subject for adultery.

HB

• xjwms
    xjwms

Only one?

Well, ... I guess we were told

There are none so blind, .. as those who REFUSE to see.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Left Behind

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. I do hope you at least come back to read the responses to your comments.

Most of us here do know exactly how it feels to have your family ripped apart. Most of have been there from both sides of the fence.

I would like you to think about somethings.

What would be so powerful for someone to walk away from all his friends, the beliefs, their family and their God?

What would be so powerful to a person to know that the family and friends will shun him and still make the choice to leave?

Many here have made the choice your brother has made. Believe me when I say it hurts us to do so.

Some people do go off to live lives of "sin" as defined by the WTS. But most of us are decent people leading decent lives. Personally I don't smoke, don't drink, not having sex, not doing most of the things the WTS says we do.

So if it isn't some "sin" that we leave then what is it?

After reading so many of the posts on this board, I think I can say with confidence that most of the people here have realized how wrong the WTS is and how controlling. Most of us have realized that we cannot live in a society that says one thing to the followers and does the exact opposite for themselves. We have realized the treeible injustices done in the name of Jehovah God and can no longer support the any organization that condones those injustices. If you want examples of this try reading the Best of section of the board.

We have paid a huge price for the right to have a clear conscience. We lost our families. You still have them. We walk away with nothing. Nothing!

Nothing but the most valued things that God has given us - a clean conscience and our freedom.

For me it was worth it.!!! Hard to do but very well worth the sad losses. I still miss my mother and uncles, aunts and grandmother. That part won't ever go away.

BTW: I left an abusive/elder husband, my home, all my friends, my work with the deaf group in the congregation. For a while I even lost my daughters until they could not tolerate his abuse any longer and they got a lawyer to have to custody changed.

One more BTW: Two weeks ago my sister committed suicide in great part due to the WTS and their teachings

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, leftbehind. I'm not an "Apostate" just a non-JW regular Christian. You've probably talked to lots like me when you've gone door-to-door. I found your choice of name interesting

http://www.leftbehind.com/

Do you feel left behind? Your family member has moved on. Have they specifically refused to talk to you any more, or is it the other way around?

Do you wonder perhaps, if their choice might be towards the light?

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hello Left Behind

I do hope that you will come back to read all of the comments.

We (husband and I) were in the Organisation for over thirty years, we did not leave because we became apostates, but because we could no longer be part of an organisation that claimed to represent God yet at the same time SECRETLY were affiliated as an NGO with the United Nations for almost 10 years. We could not allow ourselves to go along with such hypocrisy.

Twinkletoes

• Sassy
    Sassy

This is a perfect example of one who is brainwashed. So sad. They waste their lives. I am so glad I can finally see.

• luna2
    luna2

Great stuff! I should be closing up the store, but I'm sitting here giggling at the responses to poor old LeftB.

WAH, WAH, WAH...WAH, WAH. Poor widdle LB...who's being shunned again? Sure isn't you, is it. Wow, its really swell to belong to a cultish religion that forces you to be an unloving, self-righteous git; judging people and cutting them out of your life just because they don't think exactly the way you do. Yeah, I guess you are the one to be pitied. So sad to see someone stuck wasting their life slaving for a lie.

As for us, I guess we all use our "apostate" mind-control power to bend innocent JWs to our will and force them to check out evil internet sites where our main goal in life is to rip families to shreds, all the while sipping blood cocktails and laughing maniacally. Hm, actually, that almost sounds fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit