Trouble For Richie

by RichieRich 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

OH NO, RICHIE! I'm so sorry you've been busted! I love reading your posts and what you've been up to. I wish I'd had your courage when I was your age.

If it helps at all, I'm sure you realise it already, this is just a temporary glitch in life. In the end...whether mom likes it or not, you've taken the 'blue pill' and you 'Know'...so your're FREE as a bird.

Don't forget internet cafes, friends houses and computers etc.

I'll look out for you. Life will be great whatever happens now. Don't give out any information to the BoE and don't let on about your friends. Now's not the time to chicken out...though I'm certain you won't.

Be kind to mum to keep her sweet and let her rant and rave. As a mom myself, I find that when I'm finished ranting and raving and run out of steam and my child hasn't given me too much back chat, I tend to feel guilty and sorry for the child.

So be Cool! I don't need to tell you that as you're already the COOLEST person I've ever heard of.

Good luck, Richie!

Hope to hear all about what's happened soon.

Love

Gill

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Wow ouch. I'm glad my mother never saw what I was up to. I was always paranoid. I had history cleaners, 1 keystroke window hiders, a password protected logon that was up any time I was not in the room. On top of that my net screename and profiles that are associated with anything I don't want her to see are vastly unconnected to me in any way.

Myspace is sort of an example of what happens when you involve one friend..who involves another. And the issue there is that one person getting found out endangers the whole network.

Good luck to you though I hope you pull through okay.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

And now, Here's some particularly egregrious quotes for your enjoyment:

"Those people aren't your true friends!"

Remember how anyone being raised in the truth was told that our Witness firends were true friends, who would always be there for us and support us? And remember that worldly people hate you, and they may put up a facade of being your friend, but its just Satan trying to break you down... Well apparently, the Witness kids aren't my true friends now. So there you have it, I have no true friends. boo hoo for me.

"I hope they ALL get disfellowshipped!!"

Wow, mom calls an elder, and this is one of the first things she says. BEcause the last thing I need is her swaying the elder's opinion.

"Richie, I'm not paying for you to go to college if you don't stay in the truth. You're going to be dead in a few years anyhow, so how is that a good investment for me?"

This is a particularly pointed statement. Mom thinks/wants me to attend a 2 year Tech School, just like the Watchtower said. What's funny is, the school only costs about 1500 $ a year. So lets see, should I stay with the truth so I can get $3000 dollars worth of free schooling? Doesn't sound like a good investment for me either.

"Well, if you get disfellowshipped, I don't know what I'm going to do with you. I mean, if someone isn't serving Jehovah, I really don't know what I can do / am willing to do for them."

Well mom, lets see. You married my father when you were an active witness. He's not a witness, period. So Dad isn't serving Jehovah, but you seem to do a lot for him...

Thats all the time I've got for now folks, but at least can see how messed up things are...

• luna2
    luna2

What does your Dad say, Richie? Would he go along with you being shunned and/or kicked out of the house?

I feel bad that your Mom is so brainwashed still. I wonder how she will feel if you are df'd, she shuns you, and it DOESN'T WORK like she probably thinks it will to get you back in the org. It will be such a terrible loss for her.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    What does your Dad say, Richie?

My dad wasn't one hundred percent happy about the myspace thing. His opinion was that having my information posted regarding where I go to school, and when I work, that if someone was looking for me, they could find me. But you see, I understand that.

Dad doesn't want the internet cut off because he enjoys eBay, and general internet access. And to date (we are now 3 days out) we still have internet.

On the topic of this whole trouble with the elders thing, Dad thinks its funny. He sees his seventeen year old son who somehow manages to stay three steps ahead of God's "spirit appointed men". Dad laughs at their impotence when it comes to thier job performance. I told him yesterday how I called and warned everyone and how everything is clean now, etc. He laughed until he cried. His exact words were:

"Well, they can put a damn hall up in a weekend, so how in the hell do they not expect all you kids to be just as mobile and organized as they are?"

• luna2
    luna2

At least you have one parent you can talk to and who you know won't shun you. Sheesh.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Richie it sounds like you have an ally in your father who seems to be proud of his son (and so he should); you make some frightening observations in relation to your mothers apparent willingness to give more weight to her marriage vows than she does to her own flesh and blood and that is profound evidence of your mothers indoctrination; try and not judge her for that, it isnt her fault although it must hurt quite a bit.

I know she saw your myspace account but what did she actually see in terms of content; was something that she would consider apostate or was it just ' a couple of brothers and sisters on the net having a chat'?!

DB74

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I haven't read through all the post yet,my contribution now is that my mate and i watch (USA) Nancy Grace and Court TV always on.There has been two major crimes associated with perps using my space.My space getting bad press incidentally i have TWO blogs up there: MY space Apostate Danny Haszard http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=7962335&Mytoken=A0C104D8-5B5C-4090-93F4F4155A817DAD339902078 http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user&Mytoken=EAD75693-862F-4B56-804353650EE236CE85934968 JehovahWitness Richie,and to whom else it may concern-my sites and blogs get enough crawler traffic that i can ruin any JW or entire congregation with googlebombing.I have already destroyed two congregations as retribution for f**ing with my family. Give me names and cases i will post as "a**"whole" of the month.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Richie,

This witch hunt stuff is really pathetic. So much for the Society's interest in freedom of speech.

Why should you have to delete your web space? They'll try to crucify you anyway.

I reckon you should get everyone who had the myspace accounts to leave the organization. A mass-exodus would be a good message to let them know they can't control people.

Either way, it probably won't be easy, but it's not like it's going to get any better staying in knowing that it isn't true anyway.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    what did she actually see in terms of content

Basically, all I had on there were a few silly pictures, and a "survey"- a good bit of info about me, where I go to school, etc. etc.

Nothing apostate, as many of my "friends" on there were JWs.

The clincher here is that when I got in trouble in March, it was simply for having a Xanga website, which I used like 2 cusswords on...

However, the elders spun it to be loose conduct that was intended to shock and draw attention, as well as having the spirit of the world.

What mom is hung up on, is that my face was on the internet, again. Although nothing was really "wrong", nothing was really "right". And the fact that almost all young Jws in my area with the internet, had a MySpace.

So really, its not bad at all, but they spin it however they want to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit