Disturbing Information Passed on in Annual Elders Meeting?

by Dune 75 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Over the years there has been comments about how quickly the Org is growing, how that proves God is blessing us and Armageddon is just about to happen, so keep active.

I've been waiting for the time to come when they start using "Look how everyone is leaving the Org, this is fulfillment of MAT 24:12, "the love of the greater number will cool off", this proves Armageddon is just about to happen, so keep active".

There will always be some line of reasoning used that 'proves' the WTS is the only organisation God loves and that Armageddon is just about to happen.

• blondie
    blondie

When the Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry book came out the WTS had a convoluted way of releasing it.

Everyone was told to be at a certain Service Meeting, that something important was going to be announced. JW speculators were busy during that time. The consensus was that the End or Armageddon would be announced. That survival depended on being at the KH that night.

Was everyone surprised when a book was released. Historically, the WTS had only released books at district conventions, so no one had guessed that.

I could tell that people were disappointed that it was not the announcement of the end or at least the end of the preaching work as the WTS had said would happen in the past and that JWs would only preach a message of judgment.

So I'm sure this is more of the same.

The mother and her siblings were JWs in the 50's when the announcement was made that the princes on the earth would be the elders/overseers, not Abraham, David, etc., as Rutherford had prophesied.

Look how Fred Franz manipulated the audience.

jv chap. 17 p. 263 Conventions Proof of Our Brotherhood ***

On the next-to-last day of that convention, F. W. Franz, then vice president of the Watch Tower Society, addressed the audience on "New Systems of Things." For many years Jehovah’s Witnesses had believed that even before Armageddon some of Jehovah’s pre-Christian servants would be raised from the dead to be princes of the new world, in fulfillment of Psalm 45:16. You can imagine, then, the effect on the vast audience when the speaker asked: "Would this international assembly be happy to know that here, tonight, in our midst, there are a number of prospective princes of the new earth?" There was tremendous and sustained applause along with shouts of joy. Then the speaker showed that the Biblical use of the term translated "prince" along with the record of faithfulness of many of the "other sheep" in modern times allowed for the belief that some now living might well be selected by Jesus Christ for princely service. He also pointed out, however, that there would be no bestowing of titles on those entrusted with such service. Concluding his discourse, he urged: "Onward, then, steadily, all of us together, as a New World society!"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Everyone was told to be at a certain Service Meeting

actually i think both times it was a sunday meeting that the org books were released...this served to heighten the anticipation since announcements are usually only done at service meetings

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS does this all the time... they make an announcement about an upcoming announcement.

Everyone gets all excited and then some stupid announcement is made.

They whole thing is absurd... it makes just as much sense as the way some corporations hold meetings to schedule meetings.

In the end I suspect the theme of this special announcement will involve "encouragement" for everyone to get off their lazy asses and DO MORE and DONATE MORE MONEY. The all-powerful creator of everything can't function without your money!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, tj, it was a long time ago. Sunday meeting it is. Either way it was, be there or be square.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    I know (seriously) what it is . There are apostates in our midst. People like me really piss them off. We appear to be loyal at the Kingdom Hall but post on boards like this - how do I know - well I can not tell you as it may identify me

A part of me wishes that I could be active in the congregation again just to cause them some trouble. This is not possible now, because there is no way I'll EVER set foot in a KH again. But, for those of you who are able to know the truth about "the truth" and can still go to the KH and be a thorn in their side...

T H A N K Y O U !

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Disturbing Information Passed on in Annual Elders Meeting? The information should be about the lack of true love and the obvious hypocrisy among the leadership including the local elders and the everyday non-thinking convoluted JW.

One day...................

• VM44
    VM44

Could this "distrubing information" be that there is a drop in the number of service hours being reported?

Just a guess.

--VM44

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Maybe it's about the Rainbow Children wandering into the Digital Garden of the Banished ones inside the brilliant darkness outside the congos. Gotta love that Prince. And to Prince we all say, "Moi?"

Thanks to WanderlustGuy about the Prince Lyrics:

Love, like a rose in bloom

All of the Rainbow Children will feel it soon

2 the east, word traveled about this energy

Until it reached the Banished Ones
    Who just wanted this love 2 cease

They now fallen in2/The Resistor's dream

And they built a Digital Garden/Or so it seemed

In this brilliant darkness/So-called angels of light/"Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies"

And all the Rainbow Children/Will stand and fight

4 everlasting, everlasting life/4 the one who sits on the right

4 Him we're willing to do the work

The Banished Ones approaching the palace shouted obscenities. They tried 2

confuse the Rainbow Children and dethron their king. Using the lies promoted

by the whosepapers, hellavisions, and scagazines- The Banished Ones

constructed a Digital Garden around the palace that extended throughout the

world. Furthermore they demanded compensation 4 their time spent in the

palace b4 the exile. This was noise! "So be it," said the Wise One, and

gladly obliged with an INVISIBLE DEED. The Banished Ones accepted and

returned to their place of birth in MendaCity. As 4 the Rainbow Children,

they began deconstructing the Digital Garden. Door to door they went in

search of those willing to do The Work.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Disturbing Information Passed on in Annual Elders Meeting? The information should be about the lack of true love and the obvious hypocrisy among the leadership including the local elders and the everyday non-thinking convoluted JW.

One day...................

I agree but you know they can't see with their blinders on. The leadership will be Jugded by Jesus one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit