Disturbing Information Passed on in Annual Elders Meeting?

by Dune 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I'd guess it's going to have to do with the internet, and faithful JWs who think they can skip the Society's admonitions to not make webpages and do it anyway. The demonization of the internet will continue, not so much in print, but by "suggestions" and "counsel" by elders.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing at that. When was this, if you don't mind me asking?

Well, in 1967 the Lady that I studied with was the one that related the story to me...she didn't say in what year they all expected to see Daniel in the flesh. But the expectation was that soon they would all see Daniel again. So naturally at the convention is where they thought he would appear to them as the surprise they will see at the end of the convention. Everyone was so excited she said. Maybe it was on the release of the "Babylon Book".. I don't know what year that was...do you know?

• TopHat
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Visions of Glory, chapter 6:

...By 1927, the pressure for all Bible Students - male and female, elders and laypersons - to become door-to-door preachers and to turn in weekly activity reports to headquarters had become so intense that many of Rutherford's followers dropped away. (There is a very high turnover among the Witnesses. One sees disproportionately few elderly people at Watchtower conventions.) The departure of many Bible Students in 1927 was no doubt hastened by the fact that Rutherford, who was as mathematically adroit as his predecessor, had led the Bible Students to believe that 1925 marked the time for Christ's anointed followers to go to heaven and for "the faithful men of old" to be resurrected to rule as princes on the earth. Some Bible Students made preparations for the resurrection of their loved ones in that year - getting spare rooms ready, airing out old clothes from attic trunks.

I wonder about those imaginations: Did they visualize the ancient prophets rising from their graves? Were they brushed by a dream, or set on fire by an imagined reality? When I was a child Witness, I used to ask, What will the prophets wear when they're resurrected? Will they take planes from Palestine to Brooklyn? How will they pay their carfare? Will they speak English? Will we understand Hebrew? I wondered if we'd have David and Jonathan to dinner, and whether they'd like Italian food. I tried to imagine Noah riding a subway. My elders, I soon learned, were greatly disquieted by my questions and my conjectures; I learned rapidly to quash my curiosity, when instead of answers I met baleful, dismissive glances. And my feeling, consequently, is that the Witnesses who believed these stories were anesthetized, as if in a morphine dream, sleepwalking through fantasies.

(In 1950, I ceased to wonder whether Prince David would find me attractive. At a convention that year in Yankee Stadium, Fred Franz, then the Society's vice-president, announced, "The princes are here in our midst, among us tonight!" A fearful hush came over that stadium. I was sitting, I remember, next to a Bethelite from Texas, of whom I was mildly enamored, woolgathering after seven hours of speeches, wondering whether he would take me home and, if so, whether he would kiss me good night. When Franz dropped his bombshell I felt a quick stab of disbelief, followed immediately by flutters of guilt, and then by overwhelming anxiety. Franz paused for maximum effect, as thousands gathered in the dusk shifted restlessly in their seats, craning to see - what? Did any of us believe that Solomon would step before the lectern? "You," Franz cried anticlimactically, "are the princes"; and he explained that Jehovah had shed greater light on his word, and the princes were not, as we had for so many years believed, the "faithful men of old," but congregational overseers, whom God was grooming for positions of authority in his New World. There was great and fervent applause, as if a dream had been fulfilled, and not mercilessly deflated. I was very angry.)

Visons of Glory is available for free at FREEMINDS

• sir82
    sir82
    hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! I can't stop laughing at that. When was this, if you don't mind me asking?

This was before my time, but I recall reading this elsewhere on this board:

As you may recall, "Judge" Rutherford had Beth Sarim built and deeded to the "Ancient Worthies" (Daniel, David, Samson, etc.). The official teaching thru the 20's and 30's was that these ones would be resurrected in the flesh here on earth before Armageddon broke out.

Well, the "Judge" died in 1941. However, for several years, there was no official WT comment on the pre-Armageddon resurrection. Then, around 1950 or so, there was a convention in which Franz or Knorr asked something like the following, "Would you believe that there are 'princes in the earth' among us now?"

Everyone who still remembered Rutherford's teaching looked around anxiously, thinking that Daniel & Moses etc. had been resurrected & were in attendance at that assembly. But, as mentioned, it was just a book release, and the new light was explained that "princes in the earth" were the post-Armageddon surviving elders.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Everyone who still remembered Rutherford's teaching looked around anxiously, thinking that Daniel & Moses etc. had been resurrected & were in attendance at that assembly. But, as mentioned, it was just a book release, and the new light was explained that "princes in the earth" were the post-Armageddon surviving elders.

I was at the assembly where we were all looking at everyone -looking for them -Abraham,was who I was focusing on, But I think he turned up invisably

• ocsrf
    ocsrf
    I think any number of petty offenses could set them off. Remember they are into total control.

Too many JWs taking cruises!

Too many husbands and wives having great sex together!

OC

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I know (seriously) what it is . There are apostates in our midst. People like me really piss them off. We appear to be loyal at the Kingdom Hall but post on boards like this - how do I know - well I can not tell you as it may identify me

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Those of you that know me, may PM me for more info

• Special K
    Special K

Back on page 1.. NathanNates said,

"• Judge Joseph Franklin Rutherford was ressurrected to heavenly glory BY MISTAKE and is now raising hell in heaven. Jehovah has been given three hours to pack his shit and leave."

LOLOLOLOLOLL.....
    ROFL........

HAHAHAHHAHHA..

That was very funny.

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit