Disturbing Information Passed on in Annual Elders Meeting?

by Dune 75 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Welcome to daniel-p you have brilliant logic we can use you.-Danny

• Golf
    Golf

"The more things change the more they remain the same."

Golf

• luna2
    luna2

I used to get all tingly when I was a newby Witness and they said stuff like this...Oooo, watch the mags for important NEWS from Jehovie. I'm trying to think what the last one was...might have been the generation change. It was disappointing because at first I couldn't grasp what they were talking about and, when it did sink in, it had the suspicious odor of changing a prediction because the time was running out. It makes me wonder about back in the day when they changed "Jesus is on his way", to "Jesus is already here, reigning as King...but in heaven so you can't see it." and how the Bible Students felt about that one.

Before that, I remember the big announcement on no longer setting a price on literature. That one did seem kind of exciting because I hated the idea of seeming to sell the mags. With the donation arrangement, I could donate for them myself and not have to ask for money from people at all. I think they did mention that the change was because they didn't want there to be any reason for the government to attack them as being a corporation, but I don't believe they went so far as to share that they filed an amicus curiae brief in the Jimmy Swaggart case.

They've pulled the "important information" stuff at other times, but whatever it was that they were so fired up about was so blah, that all I can remember is feeling jerked around. Stuff like hours in the ministry or numbers of pioneers declining or donations aren't what they should be (which we know because first they stopped mailing the magazines out, they're coming up with paperback Bibles, and soon the Awake! is going monthly). I can see a big, bold attack on education again too, since that seems to be the theme this year.

It'll be interesting so see what this disturbing information is...from the comfort of my chair in front of my computer screen.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I remember wayyyyyyyy back when I was new in the lie.....The sister who studied with me as we sat waiting for the convention to start in Yankee Statium, shared a little story of hers. She said one year the WTS announced that at the end of the convention we have a surprise for all of you. Well, since the theme of the convention was about Daniel....all those in attendence were thinking: Daniel with appear resurrected in person....DUH!!.....shows how they are all under the spell of WTS. .....It was just a release of another BOOK.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

The first thought that came to my mind was a major technology crack down, especially on computer / Internte use. However after reading everyone's posts, I think that it will probably be more of the same old rhetoric. Nothing new.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

whatever the disturbing info is....the recommended solution will be the same...use a bigger rod

tijkmo of the ex-rehoboam class...(although never a rehoboam individual)

• willyloman
    willyloman
    one year the WTS announced that at the end of the convention we have a surprise for all of you. Well, since the theme of the convention was about Daniel....all those in attendence were thinking: Daniel with appear resurrected in person....DUH!!.....shows how they are all under the spell of WTS. .....It was just a release of another BOOK.

Terrific short summary of JW history. It's all you need to know about the dubs.

The "disturbing information" won't be, not to the majority of dubs who have started to pace themselves since 1995's "generation" change and are beginning to think for themselves, at least about stuff that impacts the future... i.e., education, investing for retirement, etc.

• gumby
    gumby

I hate bringing up this subject again......but I'll bet all this has to do with the FreeMasons.

Gumby

• luna2
    luna2
    I hate bringing up this subject again......but I'll bet all this has to do with the FreeMasons.

Hahahahahah! Gumby, you crack me up!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I hate it when they try to be mysterious and not just come out and say what it is specifically.

I agree VM44. It was the same with the congregation special meetings when we all rushed to get ready and went down to the KH in anticipation of some enlightening information released by the GB - only to find it was as useless and banal as ever!

It wasn't just the lies that made me leave - they bored me out of the door!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit