Disturbing Information Passed on in Annual Elders Meeting?

by Dune 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

As you all may know, the elders around america have had (or will have) their annual meetings. You know, the ones where they are trained and brought up to date about the whole scheme of things.

Anyway, an elder who i happen to be close to was telling me yesterday that some troubling/disturbing things has been going down in congregations worldwide. He also mentioned that it will be mentioned in Watchtowers and KM's in the next few months.

Anyone know what he may be talking about?

• VM44
    VM44

Why didn't they just say what the "disturbing information" was at the meeting?

I hate it when they try to be mysterious and not just come out and say what it is specifically.

Does your elder friend know what they meant? or did they just tell at the meeting that something disturbing is going to be annouced?

Probaby something about too many people going online and finding out too much about The Watchtower.

--VM44

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Disturbing things could be:

• 1914 is further in the past than it has ever been...
    • steady decline in active publishers shows no sign of slowing
    • retention rate of JW children rate at an all-time low...
    • WT Revenues are down worldwide...
    • continued explosion of information regarding JW doctrines/scandals/unChristian-like behavior made available on the Internet...
    • serious lack of leadership/manpower from the cong level on up...

Yeah I'm sure all these will be covered in upcoming Watchtower's and KMs.

No Apologies

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sigh, typical build up the suspence for a non-announcement. Dont worry guys, Im on the inside track and I've got the memo rightchia.

"Circuit overseers are reporting that restrooms in kingdom halls are not so clean"

Peace

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LOL No Apologies!

May I add:

• Jesus is more invisible than ever before

• Armageddon is still "just around the corner," but there doesn't seem to be an intersection in sight.

• Judge Joseph Franklin Rutherford was ressurrected to heavenly glory BY MISTAKE and is now raising hell in heaven. Jehovah has been given three hours to pack his shit and leave.

• Carol
    Carol

OMG Nate, I'm rolling on the floor with that last one!

I just came on the board to get a little relief after a 3 1/2 hour telephone call from my mother! She mentioned disturbing things happening and advised I needed to keep up with the latest Watchtower's and is sending them to me. Talk about timing....her call and this thread!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

That most JW's are disturbed? Just a guess.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lol @ NN.

S

• TopHat
    TopHat

I think it's a smart ploy to get more people to read their watchtower so they brag about the millions and millons of mags they have placed in the past few months. Distrubing news...INDEED

• Dawn
    Dawn

Probably something to effect of how many young ones are leaving - they'll probably start hitting hard with family studies and stuff. Usually their "big news" isn't news at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit