Who Gives a Shyte if Russell was a Freemason or not?

by LittleToe 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Odrade:

After all, he was still so new to "truth" that he celebrated Christmas. The important thing to most Witnesses is that he "understood the Ransom." Anything else he did contrary to "truth," were things to be "corrected" by God later. This belief by the JWs renders completely useless any evidence, no matter how solid, that may one day be produced to indicate he had association with the Masons.

..and he disputed the Trinity, Hellfire and the Immortal Soul (the latter, in fact, which Masons used to have to believe in).

You've nailed it succinctly. JWs dismiss anything odd as unimportant, especially if it was in the far past. For this reason I suspect that no mother is genuinely going to throw in the towel over something so ridiculous. The "Generation" teaching is recent enough, maybe, but not secret society or even church affiliation.

• minimus
    minimus

Are West70 and Ianone the same??

• gumby
    gumby
    This belief by the JWs renders completely useless any evidence, no matter how solid, that may one day be produced to indicate he had association with the Masons.

..and he disputed the Trinity, Hellfire and the Immortal Soul (the latter, in fact, which Masons used to have to believe in).

LT:.....You've nailed it succinctly.

I said smart stuff like that and you didn't compliment me..........ya biased bastard!

*goes in and takes more lithium*

Gumby

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    *goes in and takes more lithium*

Easy there, big fella! You're not going to save any for me! :)

J

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm a girl, you're a little gumbastard. :P

• Ianone
    Ianone

More and more obfuscation from you Littletoe. Diverting the focus of the real issue, that there is a deeper and darker plot behind the Watchtower, and shifting on to endless/diversionary debates about who really cares.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I believe the point is a very important one, Ianone. The point that the vast majority of JWs would not give a rat's arse if Russell had Mason ties, even if it could be proved, is one that people, (including you,) should take note of.
    We don't even have an investment in following the WT, and it's very hard for many of us to care...

• Ianone
    Ianone

You are doing the same thing LT. The point is not whether or not Russell is a Mason. We all know he was. The point is WHY. What agenda did he and his Jewish/Masonic backers bring? WHY! What was their goal/purpose....If all the experts are correct, than it was to Usurp the Christian faith....Not this cheesy evangelical, televangelist pop-churchianity, but the Orthodox faith in Christ Jesus.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't know that Russell was a Mason. In fact, I believe that he was NOT. I have never seen a shred of convincing evidence, so why would you waste time and energy on trying to convince a JW that he was a Mason, when your best evidence is weak and grasping at shreds, and you can't even get a consensus on a site like this, where we would accept it in stride? (assuming, of course, you presented some stronger evidence...)

• Ianone
    Ianone

Again, diverting from the real issue. JW is a Zionist front.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit