Who Gives a Shyte if Russell was a Freemason or not?

by LittleToe 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• daystar
    daystar

Oh gods. I was wondering when someone would resurrect one of these mason conspiracy threads.

(Shhh, keep it quiet. It was going away so smoothly. Part of the plan. You know?)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Evergreen:Barbara Anderson got a direct answer in the negative, from the Grand Lodge, too.

Daystar:Nice Crowley Hexagram!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

swalker:

LT, did you have the book Occult Theocrasy? If so, what do you think about it?

I've been hunting high and low for it, and finally have one on order. I should have it in my greasy little mits within the next week or two.

Unless there's some supporting evidence, aside from a marginal symbol that could have been a printing error, I'm likely to remain unconvinced, however.

This is the only "evidence" aside from Russell's interest in pyramids (which was very common in that era) and his organisation's use of the Cross and Crown, as adopted by other Christian groups, also.

That the Masons later bought the surrounding land and burial plots is neither here nor there, IMHO. It's not a causal link.

• FMZ
    FMZ

LT, sometimes those casual links add up.. sure... one or two can be passed off as coincidence, but when it seems to become a prevailing set of coincidences, it's time to take a closer look ;)

FMZ

*edited to add* Naah, don't really give a shyte... I don't trust any of 'em.... hehe

• free2beme
    free2beme

It never mattered to me, but seem people seem to think it is the straw that would break the camels back. Although, it has been public knowledge for years and done nothing. From my time on Witness boards, it is normal to come up from time to time as new ones learn of it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FMZ:
    Do you know of any other WTS later bought out by Masonic organizations? At best they're gonna get a positive correlation. A causal inference is nowhere to be found. But you're right - who gives a shyte?!!!

• Gumbley
    Gumbley

This ignorant attitude of not giving a shyte, is the same attitutude that allowed hereditary dicatator George Bush, to sign in the most Fascist legistlation ever written on paper, the Patriot Act 1 and 2. This type of attitude has allowed your civil liberties being shredded but out of control government that uses the excuse of national security, and the war against terror?

This kind of attitude has allowed America's Constitution and Bill of Rights to be nothing more than a faded memory that was torn to pieces by the Bush Administration over the last 5 years.

When are you gonna wake up America? Britain you too, Blair has turned your country into a nightmarish police state, full of big brother, surveillance cameras everywhere, and treason against the people.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Do I give a shyte? Hmmm.

Do I lose any sleep over this? - No

Am I interested if he was? - Yes

I can't be arsed (is that the same as not givig a shyte!!??) to read loads of stuff on this but I must admit that from my early reading on this matter i did think that he had some Mason "Connections"

And I was fairly sure he was buried under or by a pyramid. Can someone BRIEFLY say why some think that's evidence of Masonic "connections" but some don't. Infact is that the distinction you are discussing the difference between having masonic connections/influences and actually being "A Mason"

I think this shows that I really don't give a shyte because I dont think I've read a single Mason thread or download in over 6 years and I only clicked on this one because I noticed Little Toe had started it and he said "Shyte!!!"

• greendawn
    greendawn

It does make a difference to me because free masonry is a religion (what else do temples as in masonic temples imply?) and it has taken many elements from ancient pagan religions from Greece, Babylonia, Egypt, Canaan.

Someone participating in the mysteries of this religion is a very compromised Christian and why should Russell if a mason be accepted as a genuine one to even set up a religion?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ianone (Gumbley):

Maybe you're giving away your rights, but we've always been a sovereign state. It sounds like you're paranoid, because we haven't really lost a lot around here, in Britain. The barcode thing was in Germany, and tatooed onto Jews, you remember, the country that isn't Britain, that persecuted those people you hate so much???

Surely you haven't forgotten so soon?!!!

Pubsinger:
    Sounds like you don't give a shyte, then

A few years after Russell died someone placed a great whacking big pyramid gravemarker near his grave. Since it also has the Bible Students emblem of the cross and crown on it (in common with a number of Christian groups, but also the Knights Templar) some seem to think it indicates that he must have been a Mason, with no other alternative possible. Subsequent to the burial the Masons bought the plot and erected some kind of building across the road, which only added to their suspicions.

I think it's without doubt that he had Masonic acquaintences (I have myself) and influences, as they were common at that time, along with a keen interest in pyramidology and all things Egyptian. His membership is in question, however. Upon research, the Masonic Grand Lodge refuted the assertation. Nowhere does he use the distinctive square and compass design, or any number of other Masonic devices and symbols.

Meanwhile individuals like Ianone, above, are spamming the board with tenuous propaganda of his alleged connection, along with fearmongering about Illuminati conspiracies and hatred of the Jewish race as co-conspirators

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit