Who Gives a Shyte if Russell was a Freemason or not?

by LittleToe 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• gumby
    gumby
    If someone posts absolute proof that Russell was a Mason all of you would break a finger trying to print off the info in a New York minute!

Not me........cuz I already told ya, I don't give a shyte.

Russelll coulda looked at nasty magazines of hercules playin with himself and it wouldn't change my idea of how I view the witnesses. Russell....to many witnesses, has no bearing on the how the Organisation is viewed. Witnesses would think if Russell would not have been the one, Jehovah woulda used someone else.

Besides....Jehovah said LOT was a man of rightousness in the book of Hebrews. If Lot can play nasty with his two girls and get away with it, Russell can lay bricks for free and get away with it.

Gumbrick

• daystar
    daystar
    Personally, the mason threads are a hell of a lot more interesting than those gawd-awful, droning, mind-numbing "607" threads that seem to pop up about once a week!! LOL

ROFL!! Kid-A, I got your back on that one!

I really could care less if he ultimately was one or not. And I'll tell you why.

If he wasn't, he wasn't. If he was, he was. So effing what? The people for whom it is a big deal, for the most part, are anti-Mason (and in some cases anti-semitic apparently) to begin with. They believe that the Masons are part of some worldwide conspiracy. If Russell was a Mason, then in their minds, he was a part of this worldwide conspiracy. This gives meaning to their having been treated so badly by the WBTS. If Russell was a Mason, the the WBTS is part of this conspiracy. It lends meaning.

If he wasn't a Mason, then it seems less likely to have been part of this worldwide conspiracy and it gives less meaning. This means that he was even more of a kook. There was no broader purpose in it all. Not only was it all a lie, the lie was meaningless! Oh my Dog!

The rest? Lucifer, Baphomet, Babalon... ?? There is a Masonic "secret" that goes something like this: There is no god but man. No God, no Lucifer, no Baphomet, no Babylon, no Tetragod, absolutely nothing. We are alone in this Universe and all the other supernatural mumbo-jumbo is all in our collective minds. These images are perhaps useful to our lizard minds' collective unconscious, but there is no objective reality to them. At worst, the Masons are ultimately Atheistic and through the rites are attempting to expand the minds of its constituents. It's a shame that some of the people who seem to be related to the Masons in some way are freakshows, but they're typically the failures or the ones they wouldn't accept, or the ones who just had an interest, but never gained one degree.

Meh!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

LT--Get your pencil sharpened...viewing on this thread is up to 581...subtract a few for double or triple posters like myself...

Fascinating to see how many people have no interest what so ever and go out of their way to explain why!!!

Swalker

• gumby
    gumby

This thread will get more hits than a convention stadium full of dubs......... even more than a thread that tries to prove Russell was a bricklayer.

Gumortar

• daystar
    daystar

Just waiting for Ianone to chime in.

I'm rather sick of the topic myself.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I vote nay, I could not give a shyte!

Jeff

• undercover
    undercover

Every mason I ever knew was pretty damn expensive. I'd love to find one that worked for free.

• Shakita
    Shakita

I don't care if Russell wore a smock and chanted: "I'M A FREEMASON AND I'M OK, I WORK ALL NIGHT AND I WORK ALL DAY." All of this oooeee, oooeee crapola that claims Russell was a freemason just is not important. It's just a way of saying that Russell was a freemason and thus was akin to the devil so how could you ever trust him. Reminds me of opposing politicians during November elections. Don't vote for candidate so-and-so, he WORKS FOR THE DEVIL. Bwahahahahahahaha! Did I mention that I don't give a shyte?

Mr. Shakita

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yeah, I care. I couldn't care less if it turns out he was or wasn't, but I care that this topic comes up over and over, with nothing more than shreds of hearsay evidence, and things that might be things that resemble other things that may or may not be associated with the Freemasons.
    It's a red herring. Whether or not it proves true, with the JW's ability to file away everything that happened more than 10 years ago, as examples of the "Light Getting Brighter," what difference does it make to the vast majority of JWs and ex-JWs, other than to make the people who obsess over proving it look more than a little loony?
    It's all interesting in theory, but Russell and his oddities are well-known by many JWs, and dismissed. After all, he was still so new to "truth" that he celebrated Christmas. The important thing to most Witnesses is that he "understood the Ransom." Anything else he did contrary to "truth," were things to be "corrected" by God later. This belief by the JWs renders completely useless any evidence, no matter how solid, that may one day be produced to indicate he had association with the Masons. And somehow I doubt we're ever going to find his membership card.
    I find that I am far more interested in the things that Rutherford did, as most JWs tend to hold him in high regard, and many believe that things are substantially the same now, as they were during his reign. Plus, there is far more documentation for Rutherford's didoes, much of which would shock the average JW.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If Russell was a Freemason, than I will stand corrected and admit I was wrong. Until then.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit