2,000 US and 25,000 civilians now dead in Iraq

by Simon 159 Replies latest social current

• Gerard
    Gerard

Terrorists dressed as civilians are not civilians.

I do feel so much pain for civilians, specially children.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

And exactly where will the British troops be then in 5 years? Correct me if I'm wrong but the British govt. is/was right there in the thick of the Iraq war.

Both Blair and Bush were reelected AFTER this Iraq war. Many of UK and Americans are / were against this war. This war continues unabated despite this. A bit like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I don't think America can or should withdraw until the country is stable as they have a responsibility to ensure that it is so. I think they will need to be there 5+ years so better get used to the idea.

So then, why must you continually stir the pot?

As an outlet for your very anti-America passion (disguised as simply hatred for the duly elected President) maybe you should invest in an alternate website...perhaps calling it XJW's who hate Bush and everything "corporate" America (whatever THAT is)...or perhaps JWDD Jehovah's Witnesses Democratic Discussions...or something.

JWD has already suffered HUGELY from ill-timed and poorly thought out "bear baiting" questions and "pondering" like this...

I think you should stick to your forte...attacking the WTS...not Bush.

He is still MY President...and like all of 'em...I give him the respect he deserves....(as I did Clinton too)...

For one...EVERY single soldier I've met and talked to...is behind their Commander and Chief...odd?

This is a go nowhere discussion...at best.

Please be polite...and show respect.

u/d(of the hate the man if you choose,but...respect the position class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Bush's friends are making a lot of money from what they have done in Iraq. It is obscene.

Look closely at the news, Rove and Libby are in trouble and it's possible Cheny's head will roll, too. Simon, over here in the USA, anyone I talk to is fed up with this war. No one defends Bush anymore. There are people who feel that during the next elections, the democrats may take over the majority in the house because of the dreadful state GW has gotten our country into and because of the dishonesty surrounding the Iraq war. If the dems tak control, some speculate that GW could be impeached for lying to us about Iraq and the WMD.

Remember that Hitler and his ilk were stopped. GW and his ilk won't get away with their evils forever either. And to repeat: No, Americans are not supporting Bush blindly anymore. Last week in Rhode Island, Bush's approval rating was 70% not in his favor. When Clinton was being impeached, his approval ratings soared very high. This should tell you something. Bush is doing very lousy in the polls. Very.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    JWD has already suffered HUGELY from ill-timed and poorly thought out "bear baiting" questions and "pondering" like this...

How is this thread "ill-timed", "poorly thought out" or "bear baiting"? When would you have us discuss the fact that 2,000 U.S. soldiers are dead? When the number hits 3,000?

For one...EVERY single soldier I've met and talked to...is behind their Commander and Chief...odd?

I've talked to a few soldiers, too. I've also read a lot of soldiers' blogs. And many of them would disagree with the above statement.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've talked to a few soldiers, too. I've also read a lot of soldiers' blogs. And many of them would disagree with the above statement.

My son in law just made chief in the Navy. He was once snowed by Bush and supported him. Now he says he knows Bush misled the country with the WMD and that the war was unecessary. For him to turn around and say that he doesn't like Bush at all now, well that's amazing. There are plenty of soldiers and sailors who feel very duped by Bush. My S.O. Andy is going to speak to a Navy recruiter tomorrow to join. He has never liked Bush or supported this war. He detests Bush, Cheny, Rove, Condi and the rest of them. He feelsthe Bush administration is about to hit the proverbial fan.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm disappointed in you Simon. Maybe the US didn't handle things exactly right, but what about all the thousands of people Sadam slaughtered? Iraq is still connected with terrorism.

I don't think you would like it if we trashed your, or anyone else's country.

shelley

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

What Sadam was doing was still even worse that what has been happening with Bush.

Megatron has made some very valid points....as well a few others.

I tire of the anti American threads....yawn...think I will go back to the fluff postings now.

• chrissy
    chrissy

george w is a f@cking a$$wipe. he belongs in hell with god.

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm disappointed in you Simon. Maybe the US didn't handle things exactly right, but what about all the thousands of people Sadam slaughtered? Iraq is still connected with terrorism.

It was never connected with terrorism ... until we opened it up to it!

And at what stage are we worse than Saddam? If we kill thousands of innocent civilians then that's ok is it because we are "nice people".

Oh, and was that the reason that Iraq was invaded? It didn't seem to matter how many he killed when we were selling him arms.

I don't think you would like it if we trashed your, or anyone else's country.

I think the country I currently reside in is wide open for trashing after going along with such a dumb policy.

I tire of the anti American threads....yawn...think I will go back to the fluff postings now.

Ah, yes, the old chestnut. Anything uncomfortable, however true, is labelled "anti American" so that it can be ignored. That's the way to never learn and repeat the same mistakes, never have any accountability for people in public office.

How is this thread "ill-timed", "poorly thought out" or ;"bear baiting"? When would you have us discuss the fact that 2,000 U.S. soldiers are dead? When the number hits 3,000?

Exaclty. I wonder if people would be willing to put a figure on the number of deaths (military and civilian) that they consider "not worth it". At what stage does it get classified as a huge mistake? I think some people will never admit that it was wrong or dumb no matter how many die and how false the claimed threat has been shown to be and how much worse things have been made.

Just like the WTS is viewed by JWs isn't it? I guess some people never learn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit