2,000 US and 25,000 civilians now dead in Iraq

by Simon 159 Replies latest social current

• Ianone
    Ianone

2000 US Soldiers who died for Israel, not America. THats right, send your sons and daughters now to die for Israel's racist state of genocide of the Palestinians.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Reciprocitor_2, your not really a newbie, are you?

• Celia
    Celia

So what's wrong with Simon's posts ? nothing imo. He just tells it like it is. Nobody here in the US seems brave enough to say anything about all this president's blunders.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I don't know if there is anything wrong with Simon's posts as I have not read them. I do consider myself a patriotic American though. Also, I am certainly not for the war in Iraq. I voted against Bush in both elections (and I'm not a partizan voter). This whole "war on terror" is bullshit. It's a blank check for the government to spend, spend, spend....all in the name of a war that will never end and can never be won. I was merely commenting on a previous poster that is registerd as a newbie but has a firm handle on where to find previous posts, which is an accomplishment in itself considering there some 4700+ pages of topics in this forum.

If you were talking to me that is.....?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hi Bendr,

Think and post what you will but it doesn't change the truth. We need to get out of Iraq.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Yes I totally agree this war in Iraq was fought for the wrong reasons. Too many innocent people have given their lives in the face of the Bush administrations lies and deciet. I encourage everyone to watch "Farenheight 911" in which thier underhandeness is all exposed. Its not the soldiers fault for being their its the corruption in the government that leads them.

Ticker

• Simon
    Simon

What I find incredible is even now, some sad fools still insist on clinging to the lies that the politicians told to get their war and make their millions ...

I wonder what they would consider the president would have to do for the situation to be rated a mess or a fiasco? Is it totally blind following no matter what ... like the nazis had?

Oh I know, if he bonks an intern ... oh no, end of the world !!

• metatron
    metatron

I'm sorry but I can't agree. This war, together with the general effort against terrorism,

is part of the most important struggle we will ever face. How so?

Because these issues must be solved NOW! Not later, when technology will permit far

worse destruction by individuals. What's the worst a disgruntled insurgent could do two

hundred years ago? Shoot somebody? How about now? Possibly destroy a city with

a stolen nuke or germ weapon? We must solve the issues brought up by fanatical Islam

- without appeasement.

The Palestinians - and rest of the Arab world have little or no moral grounds for complaining

about so-called colonialism or Crusades or whatever. The reason why is because they

reject social democratic rule ( at least until recently). I see no practical difference between

an Israeli occupier oppressing a Palestinian - or a corrupt Fatah officer accomplishing the

same thing. It's just futile - and the same goes double for Zimbabwe vs Rhodesia!

Was the war founded on lies? Of course! What war isn't? FDR and Churchill were

masters of deception - but did so to advance civilization, as this is doing as well.

Were the lives lost worth it? Don't be too quick to judge, let history have the final

verdict. Women in Kuwait got the vote, Iraq got to choose their own elected leaders,

Lebanon broke free from Syrian domination and Moslem leaders are FINALLY starting

to speak out against wanton murder! In addition, the Palestinians got Gaza and

Europe is finally awakening from their long slumber regarding the non-assimilation

of Islamic immigrants.

These are positive first steps - that offer hope , all because blood and treasure were

spent. I wish there was someother way to accomplish the needed changes - but

reason will not prevail without force behind it anymore than it did against the Nazis

( who, by the way, were unfavorably compared to jihadists by a Saudi official recently,

in another surprizing development). And as to appeasement, it is a historical fact

that Neville Chamberlin was jubilantly celebrated and praised - for giving in to Hitler -

only to be later shamed by fascist aggression. It won't work with jihadists, either.

I feel the dominant reason why the real facts about this war and related matters cannot

be freely discussed involves a silence imposed by 'political correctness'.

Nonsense like "Islam is a religion of peace" must be repeated publically while the real

facts are acted on. It will be a long struggle, but civilization will prevail.

metatron

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

yes. it is a waste.

but, as a thinking person, I can only say that the US immediately pulling out would only cause that are of the world to implode.

Frankly, had I voted in the last election, I would have voted Republican. Howver, in light of the KAtrina situation, I will not vote Republican in the next election if the candidate is as incompetent as Bush.

please dont be mad...

• Simon
    Simon

Metraton. Terrorism is not a new invention. It has been with us for a long time and the particular brand of Islamic terrorism is sadly a product of American foreign policy going back many years. What was done 30+ years ago is biting us now and what is done now will be biting us in 30+ years time ... with the stakes being raised each time.

I don't think America can or should withdraw until the country is stable as they have a responsibility to ensure that it is so. I think they will need to be there 5+ years so better get used to the idea. Of course, the attention deficit will kick in long before then and they will leave the country in tatters (as predicted) and then sanitise the history with the hollywood blockbusters where they actually win in spectacular style leaving a thriving and greatful country behind waving American flags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit