2,000 US and 25,000 civilians now dead in Iraq

by Simon 159 Replies latest social current

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Enigma One ,

Ahhh....you are wise....

My feelings as well. Bush, right or wrong, we'll find out one day. But if we put him on trial I hope that Kerry, Clinton and Kennedy - all of whom voted for the war - are sitting there with him.

Something I wonder though each time I read one of Simon's rant.....why is it that the Brits are willing to turn out in droves to protest Bush and his polices (which doesn't really do much) but I have yet to see mass protests for all the racial beats that have taken place in the UK against Muslims. Anyone here actually "think global and act local"?

• searcher
    searcher

So, the situation as it stands seems to be.........I (insert posters name) will make any statements I want and you (all posters) will beleive me 100% without me offering a shred of proof.

If 'someone' asks for information out of interest, they will be told 'do your own research'.

OK, I got that.

My reason for asking questions was that I am genuinely interested in other peoples opinions and why they hold them, they may even change my mind about what I think, should I actually HOLD an opinion on the subject.

• searcher
    searcher

under74, From what I have read so fas about O'Neil, the FBI guy, he seems to have left the FBI in the summer of 2001, out of frustration. I also read that Bush took office in January 2001. I am still trying to connect the dots.

• Simon
    Simon
    I have yet to see mass protests for all the racial beats that have taken place in the UK against Muslims. Anyone here actually "think global and act local"?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. We have protests and racial tension here. We have mixed communities. We live not far from some very muslim communities and happily go there to eat.

So, the situation as it stands seems to be.........I (insert posters name) will make any statements I want and you (all posters) will beleive me 100% without me offering a shred of proof.

If 'someone' asks for information out of interest, they will be told 'do your own research'.

OK, I got that.

A total misrepresentation.

Ok, I demand proof that WWII happened, that Sept 11 occurred, that America actually has a government and is populated and that the moon is not made of cheese. C'mon ... get to it. I expect you to spend hours on this simply because I demanded it ...

I don't waste my time tyring to prove what everyone knows is fact. If you disagree then you prove otherwise. Show that they sent many more soldiers into Afghanistan after Osama and that they were sent immediately that it was known to be Al Quida.

You do the work if you think you can prove your point. I think you will be wasting your time which is why I'm not going to waste mine.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

time to lock/kill this thread ain't it? We could be using this space for something more useful such as a discussion on why Americans are evil because we don't call soccer by its proper name, or because we just don't like veggemite or marmite?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Wars destruction and deaths: "the love of money is the root of all evil"

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I was thinking maybe a discussion of silly putty vs. slinkies: what is the perfect stocking stuffer? Would look really nice here.

• searcher
    searcher
    A total misrepresentation. Ok, I demand proof that WWII happened, that Sept 11 occurred, that America actually has a government and is populated and that the moon is not made of cheese. C'mon ... get to it. I expect you to spend hours on this simply because I demanded it ...

Not at all Simon. I can see from your posts that you hold strong opinions, I was interested in WHY you hold those opinions so strongly is all.

It works like this, if you have opinions, something has caused you to have those opinions, that something is what I was asking for, not that I DEMAND you spend HOURS searching for anything.

If you have'nt SAVED the information that caused you to form your opinion, then so be it.

I have been polite with my request to know why you, and others, hold the opinion you do.

Obviously my request has pushed butons and been seen as something else, this was not my intention.

I don't waste my time tyring to prove what everyone knows is fact. If you disagree then you prove otherwise. Show that they sent many more soldiers into Afghanistan after Osama and that they were sent immediately that it was known to be Al Quida.

You do the work if you think you can prove your point. I think you will be wasting your time which is why I'm not going to waste mine.

I never said AT ANY TIME that I disagreed.

OK by me, anyone holding an opinion who will not explain WHY they hold that opinion will get no 'listening' from me. I will stay out of your threads.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Searcher,

Please watch the documentary Farenheit 911, that will answer all your questions as to why I despise Bush. I hope this helps.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

eee....I am sooo not a Bush fan...but I think anything Michael more makes is very one sided.

just my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit