2,000 US and 25,000 civilians now dead in Iraq

by Simon 159 Replies latest social current

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Eyebrow,

It sounds to me that you either did not read my post or you are the one who does not listen to the news. Reread my post ! I said that we do not hear about how many other soldiers other than our own american soldiers who have died. My question was in reference to other soldiers across the globe involved in this war. As far as not seeing the news ? Hey mister, I listen to the news probably more than most because I am a news junkie. (Get a GRIP DUDE)

Just for the record...I am not a dude...but that is neither here nor there. I still don't agree with you. http://icasualties.org/oif/ Maybe they don't have google in your part of the internet? Also, perhaps it is the type of news some are listening too? If you don't get NPR on the radio and listen to the BBC or both with the many plethora of cable news, or bother with the internet...then maybe you would miss it. Consider the quality of the news you are watching if you have to ask the mod of the forum for that kind of info... but don't claim that info is available in the news to the general public in America...because it is.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Simon, it was me who made the post about insults and it was in answert to Upside/Down. Here is what I said. He is the one being insulting to anyone who doesn't agree with him. I should add that he was insulting yesterday, calling us a bunch of effin whiners.

Do posters here think cuz they left the bOrg...they're now intellectual genius'? Even though we're not Dubs...humility is still a virtue. Upside/Down

Intellectual genius: now that is one funny statement. Really, you've given me a good laugh. I can't speak for other posters, but I sure don't think I'm one. I'm assertive with my feelings. Maybe you should say, "Do posters here think cuz they left the bOrg...they're now allowed to be assertive with their feelings and opinions?"

So where is your humility? It's not showing in the insulting way you are addressing people, who don't agree with, you on this thread. If you don't like politicians, say so, but this thread is about the senseless, unneccessary deaths of thousands of people. To attack posters as you have, rather than stating concern for the dead in Iraq, makes it seem as though you are oblivious to these deaths and who ultimately has caused them. Without George Bush's signature, no one could have gone to war. Flying High Now

• Simon
    Simon

Oops. my sincere apologies - I misread that! I thought you were quoting something they had said to me and decided to answer it.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

This thread is quite amusing in its own way.

At one time in the past I was talking to a guy who had been in the navy. He was ivolved in naval intelligence.

We were, or at least I was, bringing up some of the same subjects so hotly thrown on each other here on this thread. With such knowledge and conviction.

He smothered my, "I thought impresive comments" like the comments and posters here are doing.

He did it with one sentence. He said, P*** if you knew only one half of the plans and actions taking place in each and every nation on this world, that is of "any significance", YOU WOULD SHIT YOUR PANTS. Now don't ask me any more questions.

I guess that is two sentences.

I never asked him any more questions about his service.

Outoftheorg

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Out of the org, Naval Intelligence cannot discuss their jobs or the things they know with anyone but whom they have authorization to disuss them with. My son in law is a Chief in the Navy and we just discussed this subject during the last week. I have mentioned on this thread that he once supported Bush, but now admits Bush was lying. It's a big thing for him to admit that, too. Like your friend, he knows a lot more than we civilians do, too.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I believe that Bush planned to go to war in Iraq before he even made it too the white house. I heard the other day on fox news a politician said that bush had mentioned going to Iraq 11 days after taking office. This war is not about terrorist or wmd, it is about revenge for his father and oil.

You may say we don't use oil from Iraq and you would be right but to have that oil means having power in order to control.

Look up fascist , it explains who and what G.W.Bush is. He is just one step away from being a dictator.

If we were "really" at war with terrorism we would be after Osama Bin Laden and probably would of had him by now. I am bitter with the Bush administration and their corrupt government. Just look at all the politicians now facing charges and indictments. I hope that we will soon someday see G.W.Bush and Dick Cheney soon follow with war crimes and corrupt politics with an ending of Impeachment......

Thats what I think of Bushy Bush and I really don't care what someone else thinks of my thoughts or statements......

• searcher
    searcher

As this whole 'war on terrorism', 'weapons of mass destruction', 'invade this or that country' etc thing all started after the events of 9/11. What do people think should have happened in response, instead of what Bush did?

Am I to understand then that NO-ONE has a viable alternative to what Bush did?

C'mon people, I have read all the comments about how Bush is/was wrong, and why, lets hear some alternatives.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Searcher,

How about Bush going after the real culprit of terrorism ( Osama Bin Laden)

• searcher
    searcher

Searcher,

How about Bush going after the real culprit of terrorism ( Osama Bin Laden)

oldflame,

Here is my answer to that on page 5 of this thread (to under74), the question in my reply has not yet been answered.

1. found osama bin laden instead of picking fights with everyone else.

Fair one. Then what? What to do with him, execute (kill) him and he becomes a martyr. Imprison him and hostages are taken for his release.

• Simon
    Simon
    What do people think should have happened in response, instead of what Bush did?

They should have insisted on justice rather than revenge and gone after Osama. I believe that they deliberately allowed him to escape. They don't want him to go because he is the only reason they remain in power.

As it is, America has lost a massive amount of respect around the world due to George W. and the way slap-dash military operations have been conducted, innocents killed, torture condoned and practiced etc.

But the harder truth is that doing something after Sept 11 was too late ... they should have done things before Sept 11 to prevent it happening.

In the same way that they should be doing things differently now to prevent a whole generation of people growing up who hate what America did to them, their families and their countries and so make future Sept 11's less likely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit