2,000 US and 25,000 civilians now dead in Iraq

by Simon 159 Replies latest social current

• searcher
    searcher

*They should have insisted on justice rather than revenge and gone after Osama. I believe that they deliberately allowed him to escape. They don't want him to go because he is the only reason they remain in power.*

• Simon
    Simon

Searcher: I'm refering to foreign policy which contributes to massive inequality and injustice and the premature deaths of 30,000+ children under 5 EVERY DAY

It's obvious that the attempt to capture Bin Laden was a token effort at best and way, way too late. Why waqs it delayed? Why too little too late? The only explanations are that the US is completely inept and incapable of organising anything or that it was deliberate. Take your pick.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

The real culpritt of terrorism? Osama? Didn't Georgy Boy fly the Bin Ladens out of America when all other US flights were cancelled a couple of days after 9/11 to protect them? Why is it a case of Osama the terrorist for killing civilians in jeans and t shirt but not Bush for doing the same thing in a suit @ the white house? ITS THE SAME THING YOU IDIOT

• JH
    JH

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200510/s1493858.htm

Is it really 2000 US soldiers that died or 10 times as many?

I'm sure it's somewhere in the middle...

• under74
    under74
    *they should have done things before Sept 11 to prevent it happening.*
    Do you have proof of this or is it a theory?

Jim O'Neill was proof. He kept screaming about someone called bin Laden and the government didn't listen. Too bad he's dead now.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/knew/view/

You may have a point though...being able to catch a 6 foot something guy with a heart problem that needs a cane is a hard job. Sarcastic remarks aside, the US military and the administration running it has shown itself to be incapable of doing pretty much anything. All the more reason to be done with it and start all over again.

Also, remember that none of this has to do with 9/11 yet Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz wanted to attack Iraq instead of going after bin Laden within days after 9/11. They could give a good goddam about him now. Bush never mentions bin Laden anymore in his speeches so what does that say about the 2 wars his administration has caused?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/iraq/view/

In answer to you question about what to do with bin Laden if he'd been captured... This is something the UN would have been good for. This is what the ICC is set up for. But the Bush Administration has alienated both.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Sam the Man,

You know something ? I agree with you. Bush did nothing any different than those who attacked us because he did not continue his efforts in finding bin laden. Instead went after his personal enemy.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

I agree OldFlame. Bush has a hell of a lot to answer for over all of this. For God's sake, if they have technology that can zoom right in to see your number plate from space, are they serious when they say they cannot find Bin Laden?!?! It is so obvious that Bin Laden is a CIA superasset and leaving him a free man serves their purpose of a national police state.

• searcher
    searcher
    Searcher: I'm refering to foreign policy which contributes to massive inequality and injustice and the premature deaths of 30,000+ children under 5 EVERY DAY

I agree that each country should stay out of other countries affairs, no interference (especially disguised as 'aid') whatsoever. I would go further, every person should live in the country of their birth, swearing only loyalty to that country and that countries laws, if that necessitates relocation, then so be it.

Why waqs it delayed? Why too little too late? The only explanations are that the US is completely inept and incapable of organising anything or that it was deliberate. Take your pick.

In either case there should be froof available, please show.

under74,

I am unfamiliar with Jim O'Neill, I will research this, thank you.

• searcher
    searcher

Hm, under74, did you mean JOHN O'Neil the FBI man?

• Simon
    Simon
    In either case there should be froof available, please show.

Go do your own research. Everyone knows how few troops they sent after Bin Laden and how long they delayed before sending them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit