2,000 US and 25,000 civilians now dead in Iraq

by Simon 159 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

The people who want to stop criticism of the president are the ones who have sold democracy down the river.

About the only true democracy left is the ability for enough of the public to make enough noise that things get done.

It's unbelievable that after all that Bush has done and caused that he is not only still in office and hasn't been prosecuted but still has some support! Same for Blair.

When will people wake up? Are they so lazy or stupid that they just don't care? "Hey, so what if people get killed as long as I can drive my care and stuff burgers in my fat face."

Badger: I suggest you appologise because I have said nothing like what you claim and YOU are the one who obviously has an agenda here. No doubt your words will be repeated until they are the accepted truth for other like-minded fools.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    When will people wake up? Are they so lazy or stupid that they just don't care? "Hey, so what if people get killed as long as I can drive my care and stuff burgers in my fat face."

I agree. I think that the complacency of the average American citizen is exactly why were loosing our freedoms and watching our civilization decline.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

"No doubt your words will be repeated until they are the accepted truth for other like-minded fools."

Very true, matra,mantra,mantra = image. People remember an image instead of being bothered to join up the dots between the holes in the 'official' story. Do you remember the passport they found miraculously a few blocks away from the world trade towers, even though even most bodies could not be identified? Mantra, mantra, mantra = people accept as fact.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    When will people wake up? Are they so lazy or stupid that they just don't care? "

Never & Yes!

u/d(of the wish it wasn't so class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Badger, I see Simon as someone who is very passionately stating his feelings about the dead in Iraq. You honestly think he doesn't care for those lives lost? He's clearly been very upset by this war from the beginning. And rightly so. He is angry with blind patriotism, not individual Americans. I know he could word things a little better at times, but this is what he means.

Do posters here think cuz they left the bOrg...they're now intellectual genius'? Even though we're not Dubs...humility is still a virtue.

Intellectual genius: now that is one funny statement. Really, you've given me a good laugh. I can't speak for other posters, but I sure don't think I'm one. I'm assertive with my feelings. Maybe you should say, "Do posters here think cuz they left the bOrg...they're now allowed to be assertive with their feelings and opinions?"

So where is your humility? It's not showing in the insulting way you are addressing people, who don't agree with, you on this thread. If you don't like politicians, say so, but this thread is about the senseless, unneccessary deaths of thousands of people. To attack posters as you have, rather than stating concern for the dead in Iraq, makes it seem as though you are oblivious to these deaths and who ultimately has caused them. Without George Bush's signature, no one could have gone to war.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Simon,

I can never take you seriously when it comes to politics because you rant constantly about the United States. The problem in the world isn't the United States. The problem is that every country in this world has to contend that his fellow nations are his potential enemies. Therefore every country is playing the game. That game is ruthless competition and control in the world. The U.S. is playing the game to win as is every other country.

A lot of people are concerned and are informed, but most are too busy or too tired or too stressed or do not have the intelligence to see the whole picture of what's going on in the world. This is true in every country and despite your shallow observation, not just in countries that like hamburgers. Most people are easily led or fooled. It takes time to become intelligent and aware of how things work in life. How long were we slaves to a con artist publishing company that we worked for for free?

Soon the power of the United States will start to eclipse. Perhaps then you'll start ranting about China on a regular basis. But I get the impression you're gullible as to European propaganda you call your free press as you were when you were a JW swallowing the propoganda of the Watchtower. Attempt a more global view of your criticisms..

I find it sad that the nations in the world can't work together as one community. Can you imagine what we could accomplish if the world moved as one in science, medicine, meeting everybody's basic needs, the arts? It would be beyond our imagination what we could do. It would be beyond amazing.

The problem isn't a particular country. The problem is human nature. And we already know what to do to fix things in this world. But we seem genetically predisposed to be unstable and prone to silly insane behavior on a minor and world scale as human beings and as nations. Since the problem is inherent in human nature it is not going to change. Therefore the game is not going to change. The players may change names but the game is not going to stop.

• Simon
    Simon
    The U.S. is playing the game to win as is every other country

Don't paint other countries with YOUR brush.

When was the last time Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark or any of a host of other countries tried to carve up the world for their own ends?

Most people are easily led or fooled. It takes time to become intelligent and aware of how things work in life. How long were we slaves to a con artist publishing company that we worked for for free?

I think some continue to be easily led and easily fooled. As Mr Bush TRIED to say - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. (you know, the one where he get's it wrong, bumbles and looks like a bafoon*)

But I get the impression you're gullible as to European propaganda you call your free press as you were when you were a JW swallowing the propoganda of the Watchtower. Attempt a more global view of your criticisms..

Ah yes. Anything that doesn't coincide with the narrow view of a certain band of Americans is "evil propaganda" designed to mislead the spiritually politically weak. You sound just like the WTS.

Hey, why don't YOU try to get a more 'global view. It is frankly hillarious to be lectured on the issue of media propaganda and having a world view ... by a Texan!

The problem isn't a particular country. The problem is human nature. And we already know what to do to fix things in this world. But we seem genetically predisposed to be unstable and prone to silly insane behavior on a minor and world scale as human beings and as nations. Since the problem is inherent in human nature it is not going to change. Therefore the game is not going to change. The players may change names but the game is not going to stop.

The biggest problems are caused by a small number of countries.

Not all nationalities cause the problems so its not human nature so much as certain greedy selfish societies that breed selfish policies.

What is the solution? Invade more countries? Drop more bombs? Your country seems incapable of learning any lessons from the past. Mine currently seem incapable of thinking for itself.

If you don't think "the game" can change or should change then what the hell do you care and why get involved? The fact is you know that it can and WILL change and you just don't like how that change may affect you which is why you are getting involved.

The game will stop when the people get tired of being pawns in a game. That always happens eventually. It can stop in a good way, through proper democratic process, public pressure and ACCOUNTABILITY or it can stop in a bad way through revolution but it will stop.

* Sorry, in hindsight I know that doesn't narrow it down that much.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    who don't agree with

And just who here doesn't agree?

You're anti-Bush tack precludes you from even understanding my viewpoint...which I doubt you can even discern due to your rabid bias.

I could agree...and you'd still "disagree"...or vice versa (that's Latin)

• Simon
    Simon
    You're anti-Bush tack precludes you from even understanding my viewpoint...which I doubt you can even discern due to your rabid bias.

I could agree...and you'd still "disagree"...or vice versa (that's Latin)

Again, you chose to dismiss the arguments instead of countering them. But hey, if I was trying to defend Bush I would do the same ... defending the indefensible is a tough job.

I am not Anti Bush. I do not object to things Bush does because it is Bush doing them nor because it is a republican doing them. I object because they are the wrong things to do and done for the wrong reasons clouded by a litany of lies. If he did smart things and sensible things then I will applaud him. IMO if amyone has a rabid bias then it's you.

Now, that we have dispensed with the false "you are anti-Bush" NONSENSE then you can either argue the point (whatever point you think you have) or simply do the smart thing and shut up.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Simon is right, Bush defenders are simply side-stepping the issue and ignoring the lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit