GB says, "Our way of worship will soon be altered."

by Separation of Powers 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

To me it seems like the major changes in worship would be to have more and more live and/or taped broadcasts streamed from Bethel.  They want total control of what is said at meetings and this would be a great way to do that.  It will start slowly, perhaps one talk every week will be replaced by a Bethel speaker, and then I'm sure eventually the entire meeting will be broadcast from Bethel to all congregations.  Elders, ministerial servants, and everyone else will no longer be able to give talks, it will ALL come as a feed from headquarters.  Everyone will eat it up as showing how united they all are when the fact of the situation is now the GB would have total control of all information given at meetings.  

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

The brother said that the GB want us all to know that soon, very soon our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world."

In my experience the COs are a bunch of "buckaroos". They get some direction from Mama but once they are out there in the field, they quickly get drunk on power. They know the naive sheep will eat stuff like this up and they can't resist. According to this CO, it is not the GB who will alter our way of worship, it is the wicked world that will do so. That presupposes that the GB have the ability to divine the future, which they obviously do not. It's completely nonsensical. 

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    The GB will release 'new light'.  "Recently new light has revealed that the governing body alone are the faithful slave, and were we not appreciate for the governing body having shared this new light? The trumpets of truth have shone more new light! Evidently, since the faithful slave is entrusted with all his master belongings, the faithful slave is actually the representation of the master, and as such, the faithful slave is to be worshiped as the master would be, because in worshiping the faithful slave, one is in actuality worshiping the master. From here on, all talks will be televised from the GB directly worldwide.  All chairs will be removed from the kingdomhalls and replaced with prayer rugs. Everyone will bow low in worship to the governing body as they take in the divine teachings from the master himself through the faithful slave, the governing body. 
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    The GB will release 'new light'.  "Recently new light has revealed that the governing body alone are the faithful slave, and were we not appreciate for the governing body having shared this new light? The trumpets of truth have shone more new light! Evidently, since the faithful slave is entrusted with all his master belongings, the faithful slave is actually the representation of the master, and as such, the faithful slave is to be worshiped as the master would be, because in worshiping the faithful slave, one is in actuality worshiping the master. From here on, all talks will be televised from the GB directly worldwide.  All chairs will be removed from the kingdomhalls and replaced with prayer rugs. Everyone will bow low in worship as they take in the divine teachings from the master himself through the faithful slave, the governing body.

I think it's more likely to go something like this: Since the master will appoint the FDS as the master of all his belongings, how much more so should you do the same?  The GB is proud to announce that they are willing to help you oversee all your worldly possessions.  They'll provide legal services for you to sign over any property to them, as well as have your paychecks be auto-deposited in their accounts.  They will provide you with an allowance that will cover your living expenses.  

What a loving provision it is that they are willing to take responsibility for these unrighteous riches and material possessions to allow us to better focus on spiritual things and store up treasures in heaven.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

This has been WAY over thought on this thread.  Its like saying "Soon Jehovahs name will be vindicated and we will receive our reward!"  or "Soon this wicked system will perish".

Its just another way of reminding people it could happen tomorrow, so give generously and don't go to college.

Nothing to see here.  Same message, slightly different wrapping paper.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I think cleanideas has it. The wicked world has influenced our thinking too much, so the GB will be broadcasting most or all the talks. The only good thing about this is it's less work for the 'servant body', who really liked writing talks anyway?? Huge burden. 

The thing is, if they're trying to bring anyone from the outside, this looks exactly like 1984. And that Apple commercial. Someone is going to be throwing an ax at the screen one of these days, and screaming 'think differently!!!'

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Key words :

""The brother said"

In other words, just hearsay. If the G B wanted to let them know something they would do so officially.

" soon, very soon" 

I have been hearing that phrase since the '50's

• NoGoodDeed
    NoGoodDeed

Excuse me. I know I am jumping in here late in this conversation.

Does anyone know if there is a live streaming channel for JW.org or from the New York Bethel House now? I travel frequently and in some areas I can not get JW.org at all. I get "can not connect." Since I have to use hotel and restaurant wifi and I am not able to connect directly to a modem, I am at the mercy of whatever internet channels I can get.

Are the Kingdom Halls in the USA all wired up for streaming internet or do they have direct wire to Bethel? I am confused how they are transmitting meetings and talks from Bethel. If they are using regular internet can outsiders not tap in?

I am very interested in this subject. Thank you.

NGD

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @splash- thats very specific information.  Do you have the letter regarding such?
  • KateWild
    KateWild
    very soon our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world."-SOP

As many have already said, this is the same old nonsense to keep members alert and doing more. Don't fall for it. All the new thoughts and the new practices amount to nothing. JW TV is the current big thing and it's just a load of rubbish talks by the GB.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit