GB says, "Our way of worship will soon be altered."

by Separation of Powers 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

My mom called me yesterday to ask how I was doing.  I hadn't seen her in a while, so it was nice to hear her voice.  We went through the motions of JW small talk and then she started telling me about her CO visit from last week.  She said that her CO is some older guy, "real grandfatherly" and "even the little kids like him."  So, I guess she was impressed.

She then reminds me how much Jehovah loves me and the urgency of the times.  She says, "The brother said that the GB want us all to know that soon, very soon our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world."

What do you make of that?   

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Maybe we might actually literally start to worship the GB...

or maybe not

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Reference to impending gay rights
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Interesting.. I guess we would have to see if other COs have a similar message. Our visit is coming up soon. I'll keep an eye out.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    JD has a point... could fit the bill
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Our CO visit a year ago I think he gave a talk about all the recent changes and there was a strong implication that more was to come.  I'm not convinced that anyone knows what the changes are yet, but from even a cursory examination of their history it's obvious that there's going to be changes, so they probably just like to keep the R/F prepped for that.

Plus statements like that are always good for a little fear mongering.  

• galaxie
    galaxie
    Hmmm if their way of worship is correct and directed by the gb aka fds why would the wicked world have an altering influence ? ....Very strange comment.. but then otoh given the history of these hypocrites it's bang on !!!
  • sir82
    sir82

very soon our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world."

Based on the way the WTS uses the word "soon", you can expect a change within the next 140 years!

Plus, it might be an invisible change.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...very soon our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world."

A subtle (or perhaps not-so-subtle) heads-up that the WTS might have its tax-free status rescinded as a result of all the pedo cases, and will therefore close and sell more (eventually all) KHs to remain solvent, morphing into a subscription-based internet-televangelist hybrid*?

* "netevangelist"?

• bemused
    bemused
    I'm probably being hyper-sensitive, but the phrase 'the little kids like him' is making alarm bells ring for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit