GB says, "Our way of worship will soon be altered."

by Separation of Powers 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

If there is anything I'm going to guess it's with the judicial meetings and child abuse. They are getting to the point legally and financially where there needs to be a change.

If this is true, I expect it in Judicial meetings or handling of child abuse. Disfellowshipping doesn't get much legal attention so I doubt that and the blood issue while a hot topic is not costing them money. 

My bets are all for Judicial meetings and sex abuse handling. Maybe they're finally ready to talk about the elephant in the room. 

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Fear mongering, they have been doing this for the last 150 years. I recall in 1975 a poor old fellow that was had cancer but was hanging on because the new system was just right around the corner. He died a few months later. I guess the good thing was he went to his grave believing the BS.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

First, whenever anyone in a leadership position in the organization says the word "soon" you know it's meaningless. They've been saying "soon" for over 100 years.

As for the rest of the statement, it's so obtuse it could mean anything, (assuming your mom even repeated it accurately).

That being said, this religion has changed so radically over the last few years that it's already a true statement. JWs are practically mainstream. If they drop the no-blood policy and end shunning they'd be practically indistinguishable from most other religions.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• pixel
    pixel

Maybe mandatory once-in-your-lifetime visit to Warwick?

"Stay alive 'till '75!!!!!!!!!"

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    They will start passing out collection boxes to make sure everybody can witness that the pledged donations are being upheld. 
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

the CO said at his last visit 6 months ago- "the GB are telling the higher ups to get ready, we're not going to be here much longer!" and "we fully expect the tribulation any day now!"  {see post  co drops a bombshell]  GIVE ME A BREAK!  SHEESH

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    "the GB are telling the higher ups to get ready, we're not going to be here much longer!" and "we fully expect the tribulation any day now!"

So let's build new head quarters, change all our kingdom halls, rework everything because we expect it any day now.

I see a religion telling it's members one thing while it has plans that show something completely opposite. 

• steve2
    steve2
    Meanwhile, energy is focused around the big build at Walkill scheduled for completion in 2017. Yes, deep down actions speak louder than the too-easy words about how near the end is.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Our C.O. recently said that more changes are coming, too. We'll see. However, I'm convinced C.O.s don't know anything more than the rest of us. Before the release of the RNWT, this same C.O. publically addressed the shortage of Bibles and said the reason we didn't have any was because the GB was focusing on foreign language Bibles, and not to speculate about a new Bible because that's not the reason for the shortage. Not a month later and the RNWT was released.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    They've been saying this for as long as I've been alive. It's a scare tactic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit