GB says, "Our way of worship will soon be altered."

by Separation of Powers 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
     "The brother said that the GB want us all to know that soon, very soon our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world."

I like Brokeback Watchtower's thoughts on the matter:

I guess the GB are priming the COs for Kingdom Halls being sold out from under the donating publisher and so that might be the reason for the GB's statement.  Child Molestation laws pay outs can be viewed Satanic persecution and the GB have devised a strategy of selling these houses of worship and use the internet  more instead of meetings with the GB rock stars taking the front scene barking weird orders on GBTV to keep the rank and file subservient and sending in contributions. They are scrapping the magazines on a donation basis as a total obsolete business model.

They might very well be telling the members how Satan has turned up the volume on persecution because of the imminent end, and persecution is coming in the form of lawsuits which are mostly coming from Satan sneaking wolves into the sheepfold.  (Wolves with lawsuits and/or wolves that abuse the flock and cause lawsuits)  This could allow for big money changes concerning literature and Kingdom Halls.

Or more likely, this C.O. is just blowing smoke up their asses to say that the end is soon. 

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Its both. The end is always considered imminent in WT world. When you're aiding a pregnant woman through delivery, you continually say: "ONE MORE!" and again: "ONE MORE!" until she delivers. The GB knows they have major problems, so they continue to keep the rank and file on the treadmill. 

Combine that with the constant RBC work, for real estate profits, cutting back on size of magazines, even circulating questionnaires in an attempt to make all new releases direct to internet.....this organization is all about saving money, so that there will still be an organization. 

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My CO also said " You ain't seen nothing yet."  I wonder if they all read from the same shitty script?? Oh yeah, it's a cult! Of course they do! They all read the same re-hashed/recycled BS!! 

Here is a fun experiment. Turn on the WT CD-Library and start at the earliest KM. Now, slowly read the titles of each article that occurs every month for the beginning year. Go to the next year and repeat. Continue this process and you will start to notice a pattern......

IT'S THE SAME FREAKING BULLSHIT FOR DECADES!!! SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE F***?!?!?! F*** is the strongest word that I can think of right now! If there was a word that was more powerful, I would F***ing use it, but there isn't!!! 

WTF?!!??!!?????

DD😕

• clarity
    clarity

I used to read all the watchtowers looking to discover their secret knowledge and predictions.  The end was always just weeks or months away!  Wow was I ever mad when I learned these magazines were written a year in advance!  Some urgent message!  By the time we got it the 'news' was as stale as an old loaf of bread!

clarity 

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Finkelstein: Has the WTS put any signs up such as " Arbeit macht frei" which is a German phrase meaning "Work Makes (You) Free".  

No Fink, but the WTBTS repeatedly tells us all to come, "Work for Us for Free!"

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I remember a CO that said back in the early 1990's "we can't see beyond the year 2000". LOL
  • Splash
    Splash

In Terry's book he uses a perfect comparison - it is a rain dance.

With a rain dance they keep doing the same thing until something happens, then it's "See! We told you!"

The WT rain dance has gone on for over a century and will continue to until "something happens", at which point the WT will say "See, we tried to tell you!".

The poor, unthinking JW's will lap it up.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Look for fewer Kingdom Halls being built in more remote or underpopulated areas. My insider contacts have been out of touch over the past couple of months and I've been busy, so haven't been paying close attention. This past week I did chat briefly with someone who emailed me and told me that they had some information to share. I have no proof of this person's access to inside information or credibility, but what he shared fits with this thread.  

Kingdom Halls built in small rural towns cost the Watchtower about the same as Halls built in big cities - except for land investment.  Some of the KHs in remote areas are in relatively poor condition (compared to those found in larger cities) and the cost to rebuild or upgrade to current WT standards would be money that could not be regained in a sale of those properties.  In the USA think of remote areas of North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, eastern Washington state - even areas in Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana.

The rumor is that the WT will continue to build Assembly Halls in larger towns and cities. For remote areas with less than 50 publishers, they will either rent space in a commercial building (this was a common practice in the 1950s) or have everyone meet at one of the elder's homes (like the old Book Study days).

A series of Public talks and Watchtower Studies will be streamed over the Internet (protected by special logins so that apostates can't sneak in - or the public, for that matter). Interesting that "Public Talks" will be presented, but NOT AVAILABLE to the public! 

This concept of "streaming meetings" may be what they mean by "our way of worship will soon be altered."

Notice that they are not saying, "we will be changing our beliefs" or "we will be changing our policies." Instead, the rumors indicate that they will be changing the "...WAY we worship."

So far my friends with inside contacts have been right about 50% of the time. But this rumor sounds very plausible. This will allow the Watchtower to sell off some properties that have been losing value and reinvest only in major cities and growth areas - even though there are no current needs in those areas. It's all about property flips. 

It also seems reasonable that Internet streaming will reduce some concerns that local elders might inject some of their own understanding into the local meetings. (This seems to be a small, but growing trend: elders who privately disagree with WT teaching and policy, but want to remain in responsible positions and keep their influence over local JWs.)

Call me crazy, but I think that many of the rumors will play out. All we can do is sit back and be amazed by what the Watchtower will do next.

JV

• Zoos
    Zoos
    A series of Public talks and Watchtower Studies will be streamed over the Internet (protected by special logins so that apostates can't sneak in - or the public, for that matter). 

Not possible. WE ARE EVERYWHERE!

• hoser
    hoser

You may have some valid points Juan. 

In days past in rural areas small congregations would work very hard to have their own Kingdom Hall.  It was their pride and joy. 

I guess it just doesn't fit into the corporate strategy anymore.  I hope these new changes wake up some folks. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit