GB says, "Our way of worship will soon be altered."

by Separation of Powers 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Jeffro: Or it could just be speculation based on gossip.

Now we're spreading rumors based on "speculation based on gossip!"

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Our CO made a similar  comment 6 months ago. He said he was told   "you haven't seen anything yet" regarding all of the changes going on in the Borg.   
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Yes I heard something like 'Buckle your seat belts' 5 years ago. 

I actually think this particular scare is the GB getting people ready for the 'wicked world' to turn on them, so they think they will have to change their way of worship, Sell Kingdom Halls? 

this is all freaky to me. It's really strange hearing about them making mainstream moves and then reading about them in reality reinforcing their hardline policies. It's an easygoing facade covering some very dark stuff. They're becoming more like Mormons every day. 

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

She says, "The brother said that the GB want us all to know that soon, very soon our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world."

The wicked world altering JW way of worship? I'm thinking more brothers will be wearing tight pants to the Kingdumb Haul... very soon now.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    I would have been tempted to say,   'really? great!  because obviously this isnt working'
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

There was a C.O. that said 15 years ago, "We (meaning WTBTS know's) know that there are things that we must change, please be patient with us while we make these changes for the better". "(+/-)" 

My question is, "Have the WTBTS "advisors" or who ever is really running this corporation told them that IF their followers, who are increasing in discontented followers, believe there will be changes in the future that they can maintain better control over the followers/believers?

This would be Similar to an alcoholic, wife abusing, white undershirt wearing husband, that is cheating on his wife promising her, "I promise things are going to change" and the woman will hang on and stay around?  

The WTBTS has always marketed and sold "uncertainty" just like a weather forecaster does, (although the weather forecasters have a stellar reputation compared to the WTBTS), and WTBTS are just twisting it a bit saying there are changes coming, Nothing New Here. Same pricks in charge. Same BS.  

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I guess the GB are priming the COs for Kingdom Halls being sold out from under the donating publisher and so that might be the reason for the GB's statement.  Child Molestation laws pay outs can be viewed Satanic persecution and the GB have devised a strategy of selling these houses of worship and use the internet  more instead of meetings with the GB rock stars taking the front scene barking weird orders on GBTV to keep the rank and file subservient and sending in contributions. They are scrapping the magazines on a donation basis as a total obsolete business model.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Around the 1970s the District Overseer made a statement at the end of his talk that said "The Society [The Watchtower] has information that we will be attacked soon." I remember asking the man who was studying with me what that meant but I got no response.

I forgot all about it but several years later the same DO said exactly the same thing at the end of his talk. That's when I realized that he was reading from a script that was years old.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Basements. 

They are going to build lots of pretty new halls, then send you to your basements on some pretext and sell the halls. That will change the way you worship.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Has the WTS put any signs up such as " Arbeit macht frei" which is a German phrase meaning "Work Makes (You) Free".   

It was placed up at a  Nazi concentration camps during World War II, including Auschwitz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit