GB says, "Our way of worship will soon be altered."

by Separation of Powers 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Vidiot

Sounds far fetched but like the GB would say... "with God all things are possible"

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Total fear mongering 
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

StarTrekAngel - "Sounds far fetched..."

Maybe so, but...

...less far-fetched now than it would have seemed only, say, five years ago.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

They are always saying things to keep followers hanging on 6 more months. Gotta love the secrets. "There's something behind door number 3........ but we can't open it just yet......but soooooon we will."

-TE

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Probably something about shelling out money for abuse cases. 
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The problem with a web based version is that theres no money and no control in it. 
  • steve2
    steve2

In 1972, my lovely maternal JW grandfather who, along with my maternal grandmother, had been in the organization since the mid-1920s, informed me in hushed tones after the special congregation meeting with cirucit overseer that he had never before sensed such urgency among the brothers. He absolutely knew the end was near and instanced all the talk at the time about the significance of 1975.

He died in 1976 - so did not live to reflect upon that urgency as the decades uneventfully passed. I don't know whether that makes him lucky or not. I do know that all four of my grandparents wasted their lives sniffing the air for any signs that "This Is It".

Every time I hear that CO's continue stirring up congregations about inside knowledge about the imminence of threats to Jehovah's people, I feel a mixture of cynicism and deep, deep sadness. After all these years - and I'm not "just" referring to the 1975 fiasco, but the "parade" of failed expectations since 1914 - nice people are still suckers for silly stories about special inside knowledge. Oh, by the way, my grandfather was born in 1901 and today a century ago  (29th February 1915) he would have turned 15. He died almost 40 years ago at age 75 still believing the end would be very soon. So sad.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    M.O. for the Wt. is the end is very, very near.  It's not around the corner but the world has turned the corner or we are at the doorstep of the time of the end then we was on the threshold of the door.  Finally the door is cracked open and the end is just about to happen.  These lies have been spoken since I was a little boy back in the 1950's.  So nothing new.  It is there only way to keep people scared.  Still Totally ADD
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

"our way of worship will be altered by this wicked world" - What the heck does that even mean? So he's saying Satan's system of things is going to "alter" our worship? 

I call BS, everything they teach is the exact opposite. 

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder
     I feel a mixture of cynicism and deep, deep sadness. - steve2

I feel your pain. I have a long history of family in this thing also. What's weird to think about is actually what our grandparents joined into. It's not even close to the same religion, but people always refer to their "heritage in the truth". My original peeps weren't even called Jehovah's Witnesses. Craziness. 

But back to the topic... the org is just doing the same ole game of moving the cheese.

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit