Scottish Festgoers...

by LittleToe 169 Replies latest members meetups

• reboot
    reboot

.......well, I did'nt understand a word of that....

* anxiously searches for Simon* for help with translating.......

youre welcome to bum a ride with me Robdar..if we're going to pass eachother..i'd travel up from the West Country...maybe via Simon & Ang if that's any help...

• Robdar
    Robdar

Thanks very much, Reboot. I appreciate it.

Here's hoping that FBF will come to the fest....

I hope I can get everything done that I need to do. Gotta get my passport updated--fast.

No promises but am going to bust my arse to try to get there.

LT, I may im you this weekend to find out more.

Robyn

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

FMZ:

LT, speaking of GlenMorangie, is that only available in Scotland

Fear not... it's available from most Off licenses in the uk, and I'm sure a little 'google-ing' would prove fruitful for an importer!!!

If you like GlenMorangie, see if you can get hold of Poit Dhubh - Gaelic for Black Pot. It's incredibly smooth, slightly overproof at 43%, and is non chill filtered (all the original proteins are still in the whisky). LT nobley assisted me to empty my bottle on one of his visits!! (it's amazing how far he'll drive for a free drink of whisky!!)

LT - I have a theory on why there is a dinstinct lack of participation by the scottish on this thread.... they are stunned into silence at the thought of showing hospitality to us 'South of the border whisky guzzling sassernacks'! LOL!!

Bull!

• qwerty
    qwerty

Sounds good LT, the weekend after would be better for me though, I am working on the 4th and 5th.

Qwerty

• Special K
    Special K

I am a partial scottish lass living in New Scotland/Nova Scotia. Lots of Scottish festivities on our land here.

Wish you well on your Scottish fest. Play some of the Rankin Family with Jimmy Rankin/ Ashley MacIssacc/ ..and there is also a blonde lass here in Nova Scotia that plays a mean fiddle as well...Natalie McMasters.

Hope your fest plans goes well Little Toe.

Special K

• Mulan
    Mulan
    What are costs of B&B's over there? Oh, wait, it's part of the UK so it's probably very expensive.

We stayed in B&B's all over England and Scotland in 1996. They were unbelievably inexpensive and very nice. Good breakfast too. Back then they were between 40 and 50 pounds per night for both of us, including breakfast.

We buy Glenmorangie all the time here in Washington. At the moment we are drinking Laphroig. Yummy.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    We stayed in B&B's all over England and Scotland in 1996.

Mulan, I stayed in B&B's in England during July 2000. They were not inexpensive. However, this will be the off season, yes?

(Hint to FBF ) Hey, maybe somebody would like to share a room?

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

I agree with Qwerty, I like the following week better too. The more time I have to book a flight the better my price. Besides, I'm waiting on my income tax return to help with the trip--don't want to tear through my savings account.

But yall do what ya want to do...If I don't see you this year, perhaps next.

Robyn

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Would the weekend of the 25th give folks longer to prepare?

(silly quesion, really LOL)

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm kicking my own butt (not an easy feat) for not listening to my dreams from 3 weeks ago telling me to get my passport ready.

Sigh.

Yes, LT, that week sounds better. Hey, what is Halloween like around those parts? Big celebration?

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit