Scottish Festgoers...

by LittleToe 169 Replies latest members meetups

• Simon
    Simon

I'll practise my scotch ...

Och ... meary dull ... wats all this aboot noo ?

hmmn ... maybe needs more beer ...

ach ... eye'll see yooooo jimmmyyyy

• Xena
    Xena

maybe if you tried scotch instead of beer????

• ballistic
    ballistic

Aye! Tryat afta a wee dram o' scotch!!

• Simon
    Simon

ok, I'll go open my Glenlivet ... just don't expect me to post after though !!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    ok, I'll go open my Glenlivet ... just don't expect me to post after though !!

OK Simon, this is your mission... To drink all the glenlivet and post everything else tonight in a Scottish accent!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've run out of GlenMorangie. I'll have to crack open that bottle of GlenFiddich. Darn, life's hard!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Robdar - if you wanted to go to Ireland, I'm sure there are flights to and from Scotland, but bear in mind Dublin is say, 250 miles from Scotland, I guess the same distance from New York City to Philladelphia, quite a trek

Ballistic, I didn't know that it was that far (gonna get out my atlas). Thanks for letting me know.

Hmmm, what city in Scotland would the fest be held at?

I checked flights into EDI last night. The fares aren't too bad for that....

Robyn

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I suspect Glasgow or Edinburgh would be best. Both have good airports, with Edinburgh perhaps being better for Continental European visitors and Irish .

Glasgow is easier to get to by road, so might be easier for the English invaders...

I'm thinking maybe September might be good, possibly the weekend of the 4th. Meanwhile I'm working a few logistics out.

I'm open to some suggestions by fellow Scots (who are conspicuously absent from this thread )...

• FMZ
    FMZ
    I've run out of GlenMorangie.

LT, speaking of GlenMorangie, is that only available in Scotland? I am about 2/3 the way through my bottle, and am enjoying it way too much to run out of it.

FMZ

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I'm thinking maybe September might be good, possibly the weekend of the 4th.

That's good to know. I was searching the dates of 9/17 through 23.

Edited to add: If I can get there, may I bum a ride with somebody to and from the fest?

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit