Scottish Festgoers...

by LittleToe 169 Replies latest members meetups

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dropping like flies...

I think the 4th September date is going to have to get called off as a Fest. It was a little late notice, perhaps, anyhow. I can still meet up with folks, if ane or two still want get together.

The 25th is still going strong, though. I think we should concentrate our efforts on that one:

25th September (Edinburgh):

• LittleToe
    • Bull01lay
    • Fifi
    • FunkyDerek
    • FreedomFighter ??
    • FrenchBabyFace ??
    • Gadget
    • Qwerty ??
    • Robdar
    • Sirona & Alien ??

Others, yet to express a preference:

• Ballistic
    • IgnoredOne
    • Reboot

Accomodation can be found here:

I'm going to stick my neck out and make a recommendation. I checked Leith for availability and currently they have plenty. It's on the edge of town, by the water. It has pubs around and a "Harry Ramsden's", as well as an attached bar/restaurant. It might make a reasonable base. I've stayed there before on business. It's also only three miles from the City center.

We'd need to get booking rooms, fairly quickly, though. They tend to go like hot cakes.
    Anyone who is thinking of sharing, by all means make your own arrangements, but if you want me to coordinate that I'd be happy to. Just PM me.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

By way of getting some kind of Itinerary together, I'm thinking of doing the following, with company welcome:

For a map of the general area, which you can zoom in and out of, try this:
    Edingurgh Map
    You'll find Princes Street, Chungs, The Castle and parking are in the middle of the map. You'll see Leith on the top right, and zooming out further will show you the main roads.

If anyone needs my Cellphone number, in case of folks getting lost that weekend, just PM me for it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry, the hotel links, in the first post, suck!

Click on:
    http://www.travelinn.co.uk/TI/index.jsp

Type in Leith, and it should be at the top of the list.

Just in case, the address and number are:
    Leith Travelinn
    51/53 Newhaven Place, Edinburgh
    EH6 4TX

Tel: 08701 977 093
    Fax: 0131 554 5994

Fri - Sun is £45.95 per night as a room rate, which should help keep the costs down.
    I'm going to be there Friday and Saturday night.
    I can also ferry people from the airport, if need be. The itinerary in post 2 isn't hard to follow if I'm not there. Look up and you'll see a big-ass castle stuck on a big-ass piece of rock!!!

• Robdar
    Robdar

It looks as if I will be in Edinburgh (flying into Glasgow and taking the train) from 22 September through Sunday the 26. Will fly out of Glasgow on Monday.

Since I will be all alone until the weekend, in a strange land surround by people with funny accents, I was hoping to get together with a few from the board. I am hoping to find things to do and people to see--new friends would be really cool.

Does anybody have suggestions? Anybody want to meet up for a museum, coffee, lunch or dinner?

Robyn

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Hi Robyn

Dinnae panic as we say here.... I will do my best to keep you entertained till the weekend! I will PM you later tonite.

FF

• Robdar
    Robdar

LOL at FF

I look forward to your pm.

Thanks!

Robyn

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Why is travelling in the UK so expensive.

-

Ignored One.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I should be able to let you know tomorrow LT.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ballistic:You have a PM

IgnoredOne:If you need help with transport and don't want to publically give out your location, PM me and I'll see if there's anyone passing the door.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I thought I'd throw in a link for B&B's in case anyone wanted an alternative to the Travelinn:
    http://www.edinburgh.uk.net/

The 25th is creeping up on us. I can't believe it's September already!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit