• Sirona & Alien ??

Others, yet to express a preference:

• Ballistic
    • IgnoredOne
    • Reboot
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Okay, a few questions:

1. What is the average temperature in Scotland during late September? I'm am already packing.

2. Is it the rainey season? LT says it will probably rain but from what I've read, it won't be the rainey season--of course it seems that it does rains a lot over there--without too much provocation.

3. What about ice? Do the hotels provide ice? Ice is very important to Americans, don't cha know.

4. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Robyn

• Xena
    Xena

Hey Robdar when I went I forgot to take a converter for my blowdryer and curling iron....it wasn't pretty

• Gadget
    Gadget
    1. What is the average temperature in Scotland during late September? I'm am already packing.

It could be anything. We sometimes have an Indian Summer which means you'll be wantings shorts/t shirt etc, but last year in early October I got caught in a snow storm on my bike just south of Edinburgh. I'd pack for a comfortable temperature, but bring a thick top and coat in case it does turn cold.

2. Is it the rainey season? LT says it will probably rain but from what I've read, it won't be the rainey season--of course it seems that it does rains a lot over there--without too much provocation.

It won't be the rainy season, but expect a least a bit of rain while your here.

3. What about ice? Do the hotels provide ice? Ice is very important to Americans, don't cha know.

You'll only get ice in bars here, but thats another good reason to go to a bar!

4. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I guess that depends, do you mean the eastern European or the African swallow?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Hey Robdar when I went I forgot to take a converter for my blowdryer and curling iron....it wasn't pretty

Xena, I found those and packed them all ready. Thanks for the warning!

It could be anything. We sometimes have an Indian Summer which means you'll be wantings shorts/t shirt etc, but last year in early October I got caught in a snow storm on my bike just south of Edinburgh. I'd pack for a comfortable temperature, but bring a thick top and coat in case it does turn cold.

Gadget, "comfortable" is a qualitative word. What exactly do you mean? Will it be in the 60's or 50's? I will convert the temps into farenheit if you could supply some--I cant seem to find them in an on line search. Maybe I should try Google?

I guess that depends, do you mean the eastern European or the African swallow?

Huh? I don't know that! Aguhhhhhhhh! *springs off into the gorge of eternal peril*

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Gadget, "comfortable" is a qualitative word. What exactly do you mean?

I normally find september too cold to wear shorts. During the day it'll probably be warm enough to get away with just a t-shirt as a top, but you'll need a warmer top for at night, plus possibly a coat to keep warm. And thats if we have a warm September.........

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I normally find september too cold to wear shorts. During the day it'll probably be warm enough to get away with just a t-shirt as a top, but you'll need a warmer top for at night, plus possibly a coat to keep warm. And thats if we have a warm September.........

I did a search on Google and found what I was looking for. It's 10-13 degrees celsius. I did the right thing in buying sweaters and what nots yesterday.

Thanks for the info. If all goes well, I am looking forward to meeting you next month.

Robyn

• fifi
    fifi

Hi there,

Seeing as this thread hasn't moved since Monday 16th, I was wondering what's the latest on the Scottish fest? Is it still being organised? I hate to sound impatient, but I'll have to get my arrangements made for travel and accomodation.

I've never been to a thing like this before, and am a little nervous.

Thanks,

Fifi

• Angharad
    Angharad

Something has come up and I dont think we will be able to make it this time

Have fun everyone though - I sure you will !

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Seeing as this thread hasn't moved since Monday 16th, I was wondering what's the latest on the Scottish fest? Is it still being organised? I hate to sound impatient, but I'll have to get my arrangements made for travel and accomodation.

Threads like this tend to ebb and flow a bit, moving real fast and then not for a few days. I'm definitely going to be there on the weekend of the 24th, so is LT, and theres going to be a lot of partying too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit