Jehovah's Witnesses asking woman to pay legal costs in sexual abuse lawsuit

by ignored_one 124 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• shamus
    shamus

I can only say how sorry I am and how horrible I feel for you..... words just fail me right now...

• impartial
    impartial

MY WONDERING ABOUT "VICKI'S DEALINGS" ( continued..)

2)... (maybe I should give her some more time to respond....)

impartial

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Impartial.

As a former councel you know that we cannot just give information publicly when it is before the courts. As soon as the judge made her ruling on the trial it was posted for all to see. Now that the matter of costs is before the courts we cannot just give you the information for fear that it would somehow taint the process and give the JW's a chance to appeal.

You now make threats about our sincerity on this thread. We are sincere but cautious when it comes to dealings with the JW's. We have passed your suggestions on to our lawyer, but as we have said before, we cannot give as public information matters that are before the court.

As stated we have not recieved the submissions from either side, If it comes to an appeal then we would love to have your opinion on strategy.

We appreciate your offer to help but our lawyer is telling us that we have to be careful about what we say and do until it is all over.

• impartial
    impartial

MY RESPONSE TO VICKI'S REPLY:

BEFORE I REPLY, I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE OTHERS' OPINIONS AND SUGEST HER TO REVIEW THE CONSEQUENCES ...

ONE THING I SAY NOW IS HOW SHE CAN SAY THAT I "MAKE THREATS ABOUT THIER SINCERETY WHILE I EXPRESSED AS "WONDERING" .

impartial

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Impartial,

Thanks for everything but now it's time to stop.

Vicki has been provided a lot of legal advice by Canadian legal counsels on the issue and must take her lawyer's advice on certain issues right now that even I don't know about.

Just like you I am not privy to all information in the case until it comes out publically because this case is still before the court.

Again I for one can't thank you enough for your suggestions. But its time to sit back and watch what happens with the Court.

hawk

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

impartial, please calm down.

Since we cannot see eachother, it is always hard to tell whether the other person is in a good mood or not.

I admire your passion to help out Vicki, but as Vicki said, we all have to be careful. There are things that should not be discussed outside of the court. Instead of posting here publicly, if you have a good idea, why don't you send her a personal message and keep it confidential?

Just a thought.

I hate this waiting and I do not like the court's decision, either.

• impartial
    impartial

ANYONE ELSE?

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Hello Impartial, I know this is fustrating for you as it is for me. I come here for moral support and you have to realize that most people here do not know anything more about the law then most. We all live in different parts of the country and even the world. So to put something together like fund raising or help with law is almost impossible. I need all of these people to be a sounding board for me at a time when we have no one else to go to. Sometimes I go on about how mad I am and fustrated I am at the courts and the judge, but I don't exspect anyone here to be able to help me other than to listen to my endless whinning. I don't understand what you want people on this forum to do? They listen, and understand. I few of them are behind the scenes and work at press releases and give more than moral support, but there is nothing more anyone can do. I have milked every possible resourse to figure this one out, but now I will have to sit back and let what will be, be. Thanks, and I do wish there was more I could do with your help. You seem to want to help so badly. Not many can say that. I have to sit back and wait the judges decision. vic

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Will justice ever be served?

• Special K
    Special K

Well, I am a Canadian sitting here in Eastern Canada wondering what I have to say after reading 6 pages of posts on all of this.

Thank you... Vicki and family for having the courage to come forward and bring your case before the courts.

To read it and know that thousands and thousands of others have read about it, helps give me some kind of comfort in knowing that probably SOMEONE has read .. and have now left the J.W. organization.

You have helped break the way, for other violated J.W.s, to also come forward.

Thanks so much for all that you have done and endured.

I continue to watch with interest how this last issues about the costs pans out...

Sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit