Jehovah's Witnesses asking woman to pay legal costs in sexual abuse lawsuit

by ignored_one 124 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Thanks sf,

I really will take your advice on fund raising. Canada 411 is currently having some problems, so our name is not on it, and perhaps that is why impartial had a hard time finding my lawyer. They told me it should be fixed soon. Mr.Bowen has my address as well. I now Simon said it was important to not put personal info here so I must respect his wishes. I know its for my safety. I will send out private email to get more info on ways to do it.

thanks again,

vic

• impartial
    impartial

to : vicki
    Can you immediately email the same message to my another email address I used only once to you ?
    Because I can not see your mail in the private post .
    impartial.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

... sigh ....

The flock book was used in the trial but the WT had a different print edition and the paragraphs were not on the same page so the WT lawyer got it dismissed from the judges consideration. So it was really the watchtower legal dept that did some fancy footwork to get the flock argument excluded.

The attempt at using the Flock book was tried on the last or second last day of trial I thought. And of course expert witnesses to explain it all were excluded!!!

I must disagree - it was not WT legal. It was all preventable and all told to plaintiff's counsel ahead of time.

hawk

• impartial
    impartial

MY/OUR AGENDA: RETRIBUTE REAL JUSTICE TO VICKI/ALL VICTIMS OR SO!

SOME DONATE FUNDS, SOME CONTROBUTE IDEAS/KNOWLEDGES,SKILLS ETC.

I feel like to move to close to the appeal court and represent or advise her examining every relevant law/ of the land if I am asked...

#2). .... (HOW EVER, according to Vicki's 80th post on 26-Jul-03, we have only a few days to make up best submission to the court.)

Can we have her lawyer's plan/draft as he has been authorized to make/submit it.

Vicki must be informed it as it affect her directly.

Why I was not provided with his email address if I am asked to ask him?

As sf sugested (on his 3376th post) I prefer to review every progress and give some advise.

Why no one kindly make the draft letter to ask her lawyer to provide it to Vicki.

(Though I know because counsel usualy do not like it.)This is one reason I am asking anyone, now(if Vickis deny) as I am not good at dealing with such emotionally difficult matter.)

Probably acsot is in the best position to make the letter and then Vicki will send it to her lawyer though I want to review .

Q1) Will "time limitation" to file/submit "Notice of Appeal" expire on next Friday? Or exactly when? while Vicki say 'she wants to fight this with all she has and she cannot stop' in her 81st postings though she had mentioned somewhat otherwise.

Can anyone help on this? Just going to the court registry and obtain it. I have not found it through the web.

It costs roughly $300 CAD.

If the "leave to Appeal" is dismissed by Appeal judge, that is the end and current judgememt would take effect including comming decision as to the costs.

(My concern : if current judge leanr about the Appeal by Vicki before it is dismissed, even in case, how it will affect the costs as usually "Appeal" means claiming the lower judge made eroor/s in law or finding the facts)

(On the other hand, If the Vicki does not appeal and if the "costs decision" say her to pay 80% of both party's lawyers'fee-$250,000 multiple 0.8 equal $200,ooo CAD.- Who will donate this mush??? Rupting is considarable option in my opinion)

In the case the "Leave to Appeal" is alloewd, as we (must) have "transcript of the trial" what we wIll only have to do is make the argument (initial written one, reply to respondants' argument, and oral argumrnts in court) why current judgement does not show real justice to Vicki . (including "motion to adduce new important evidence" and "new points of view" that was relevant but not discussed at the lower court)

If we do not pay to lawyer I do not think we have to spend more than thousands.

If we win completely, the Appeal judges reward as much as $700,000 orso?? plus costs..

In the worst case if we lose completely, samely bankrupt is the considarable remedy ,in my opinion...

'MULTIPLE COUNSELLORS MAKES IT SUCCEED" OR SO !!

I WAIT REPLIES, THEN I WILL DECIDE WHAT TO DO.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Vicki,

Have you thought of appearing on TV like "60 Minutes", "Dateline", "Primetime", or "20/20"? Of course these are American programs. I wonder if there are others in the U.S. who are in the same situation as you are.

Whatever happened to other survivors who were suing the WTS? Are they in court yet? It'll be a great injustice if the judge orders you to pay for any legal cost esp. that of the WTS.

Argh, the worst part is waiting. I hate this kind of waiting.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The nerve of the WTB&TS to ask such a thing.

Further reasons why judgement is on it's way to the ones that misapply and misuse the word of GOD for personal gain..................

• impartial
    impartial

I received an email from Scott yesterday, and I sent email to him today. I have been waiting for his reply .... impartial

• impartial
    impartial

POSITION OF "IMPARTIAL" S/HE IS NOT A VICTIM OF "WT CHILD ABUSE DEALINGS". S/HE IS NOT A BLIND-ANTI-WT-SUPORTER NEITHER A BLIND-WT-SUPPORTER AS ITS "NAME" SUGEST. IMPARTIAL

• impartial
    impartial

POSITION OF "IMPARTIAL"--------------------------

S/HE IS NOT A DIRECT VICTIM OF "WT CHILD ABUSE DEALINGS" SO NO WAY FOR HIM/HER TO "ADD-PARTY" NOR "SUBSTITUTE-PARTY" EVEN IT GOES HIGHEST COURT.
    S/HE IS NOT A BLIND-ANTI-WT-SUPORTER NEITHER A BLIND-WT-SUPPORTER AS ITS "NAME" SUGEST.
    S/HE FELT INJUSTICE/UNFAIRNESS IN THE "48/54-PAGE JUDGEMENT" VERY STRONGLY.
    THEREFORE, S/HE WANTED TO HELP OBTAINNING REAL JUSTICE.--
    HOWEVER, S/HE IS NOW WONDERING IF VICKI'S SIDE IS SINCERELY DOING "FAIR DEALINGS" WITH HIS/HER OFFER OF HELP.........
    SPECIFICS MIGHT BE FOLLOWING IF S/HE DOES NOT HEAR "FAIR DEALINGS".......

IMPARTIAL

• impartial
    impartial

MY WONDER???

1) VICKI STATED IN HER POSTING THAT SHE WOULD INFORM US ALL PROGRESS, OR SO.

( If anyone cannot find the posting I will be your assistance.

HOWEVER, SHE NEVER INFORM US EXACT "TIME LIMITATION" TO APPEAL ALTHOUGH IT IS JUST A SIMPLE INFORMATION OF THE CASE AND I HAVE ASKED HER MUCH MORE TIMES THAN SHE ASKED ME 'WHO I AM' THAT FALLS INTO THE AREA OF MY 'PRIVACY RIGHT' OR SO.

MIGHT BE CONTINUED....

impartial

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit