WHY DONT MORE BLACK @ OTHER NATIONALITYS POST ON THIS BOARD

by nightwarrior 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Alright. Enough is enough. Cope this - "Hitler & Nazis" - a double whammy invocation of Godwin's Law. There that should mark a quick end to all this 'debate'.

cheeses who finds good in all men.......and some women

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

This thread has really upset me. It is true that Blacks are currently scoring (on average) lower on IQ tests but the numbers are leveling out.

Nevertheless, I would like to make one point. When larc made that comment, political correctness was not my concern. It was the fact he made the statement with no kind of supporting evidence whatsoever. He knew that his words would incite people and I do not appreciate that at all. In the past he has made loosely veiled racists comments, but I let them pass because people of his generation seem to be more racist than mine.

Anyway, I'm still sad about his initial comment. . . it makes me wonder about him. . .

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Larc-

Another thing: Just because you say something, and it's true, doesn't mean that it's 1) appropriate, 2) not going to hurt someone, or 3) necessary. This obviously isn't a concern of yours, but I thought I'd point it out.

• jelly
    jelly

There are many external and internal reasons for the lowered test scores of the ‘black’ community. I think one external factor is the unfair way money is budgeted for the public school systems. In California, the public schools get their money based on the property taxes of the local area. Rich areas tend to have high property taxes with low population density (fewer students). Poor areas are just the opposite, lots of students very little money. What this causes in effect is an uneven playing field. I think if all schools were funded, equally it would help solve this problem to some extent. In addition, if you break down test scores along the lines of their parent’s income you will find that class (read income) plays a huge role, in this possibly more than race.

No one race’s inherent IQ is higher than any other groups (which is not what lark was saying) but their subculture couple with increased institutional obstacles will cause one group to score lower than the rest.

Terry

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

If people of ALL races are given equal opportunity, and the same level of education, there won't be any difference in average intelligence.

Instead of stupidity being a racial, it is social.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Thank you Alan F for your comments. Larc, why couldnt you have done that? It would have a) backed up your statement and b) not left such a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. But no, you had to let someone else come in and do it for you? Why? Explaining yourself would have gotten on your "nerves?" Maybe your own IQ score is too low? Oh, and I give a damn who in your family is black, k? That's not the point and it doesnt qualify your stupid comments. I guess I'll have to put you on my "black list" as far as posters I'll now have to avoid.

email me at [email protected] if you got something to say

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I can't see why race has to be brought up on a board like this. The subject of race is always going to bring controversy. Most people here are just trying to deal with their JW experiences. RACE HAS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!! Does the original poster of this thread feel that there should be an equal ratio of black and white posters??? RACISM DOES NOT BELONG HERE. LEAVE RACE OUT OF IT.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Why don't more homosexuals post on this board?? Why don't more deaf people post on this board. (Oh wait, we have Yizuman, that's more than enough), Why don't more Asians post more on this board? Why don't more muslims post more on this board? How far does it go? RACISM SUCKS. I feel the question is innaproriate.

• one
    one

I am having a hard time trying to reconciliate the three quoted comments below (and the topic itself too). What is the reason or motive for the first two quoted comments, coming from the same individual.

“By the way, the quote you highligted regarding the intellence of blacks is true, whether you like it or not, or whether it is politicly correct or not.”

“There are clear differences between races and cultures regarding intelligence.”

“We live and trust those who are intelligent and trustworthy, and race should have nothing to do with it.”

• one
    one

Forum participation is culturally influenced. In my opinion most minorities members don’t like to be in the bright spot, when found in ‘different’ large group.

Participants on this forum seem to be mostly persons that had some real problems with the jw group, want to help or are healing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit