WHY DONT MORE BLACK @ OTHER NATIONALITYS POST ON THIS BOARD

by nightwarrior 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• rocketman
    rocketman

I think this board is very good when it comes to race not being an issue, which it should not be.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Another thing is, how do you know who is black and who isn't? I don't go round saying "I'm white"

Erm, maybe you don't need to because your pic is in your profile, Simon!

The great thing about anonimity on the net is that you don't know what colour people are, which we don't really need to know, because it shouldn't make much difference to how we respond to people. I don't care if someone is black or white - it's the person they are that counts, that's all that I'm concerned with.

• AlanF
    AlanF

: WHY DONT MORE BLACK @ OTHER NATIONALITYS POST ON THIS BOARD

Likely because that racist Simon is deleting their posts.

Seriously, how does anyone know the background of who is posting? It rarely occurs to me to think in racial or nationalistic or gender terms, unless the poster himself or herself brings it up. There are a good number of people on this board that I know, from personal contact or otherwise, are black or of "other nationalitys" or whatever. Who cares, as long as they can communicate?

AlanF

• larc
    larc

Like AlanF, I know several posters here who are black. I did not know that immediately, but over the course of time. When I found out their race, it was of no matter to me. I had already decided that I liked and respected them. Race was never an issue.

• nilfun
    nilfun

*** The Golden Age, July 24, 1929, p. 702 ***
    [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

Question: Is there anything in the Bible that reveals the origin of the Negro?

Answer: It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon
    Canaan was the origin of the Black race. Certain it is that when Noah said,
    ‘Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren,’ he
    pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants,
    but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter
    of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in
    serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world as good as
    a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful
    service is one of the purest joys there is in the world.

*** Zion's Watch Tower 1902 July 15 p.215-216 ***
    *** The Watchtower Reprints 1902 July 15 p.3043 ***
    [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

The Negro Not A Beast

While it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Aryan) family; and also we should remember that some of the qualities which have given this branch of the human family its preeminence in the world are not such as can be pointed to as in all respects admirable....The secret of the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian undoubtedly in great measure is to be attributed to the commingling of blood amongst its various branches; and this was evidently forced in large measure by circumstances under divine control

Perhaps he is simply looking for those that share a "common bond" : the experience of being a "non-white" person in a racist organization.

But this is just a guess.

This question to me is no different from someone asking who had to experience being a JW as a gay/lesbian person.

Take care.

• larc
    larc

I don't think the quotes of the past regarding blacks should be used to criticize the organization of today. I think that the Witnesses are pretty egalitarian, when it comes to race. I think a measure of that is the fact that they have a high percentage of blacks in their community.

By the way, the quote you highligted regarding the intellence of blacks is true, whether you like it or not, or whether it is politicly correct or not.

• Azalo
    Azalo

larc you are an idiot, i'm sorry to say that becuase even when i have had heated war debates i have never felt the need to insult someone but i can not believe that you just said that the quote about caucasians being smarter is true, i hope that you get permanently benned from this board, there is just no place for that, even in jest.

• Azalo
    Azalo
    By the way, the quote you highligted regarding the intellence of blacks is true, whether you like it or not, or whether it is politicly correct or not.

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
  • nilfun
    nilfun
    I don't think the quotes of the past regarding blacks should be used to criticize the organization of today

I think all the quotes regarding the society's teachings, past and present should be used to criticize them. But that's just my opinion.

I think that the Witnesses are pretty egalitarian, when it comes to race. I think a measure of that is the fact that they have a high percentage of blacks in their community.

I think their egalitarianism should be measured, not by the representation of "people of color" in the rank and file, but by their numbers through the years in the positions of leadership like the GB.

Like I said before, this question to me is no different from someone asking who had to experience being a JW as a gay/lesbian person.

Does it matter whether I like it or not? Does it matter to me at all? Nope.

But you felt the need to point that out for me. Why, I don't know...but hey, no worries.

Regards

• nilfun
    nilfun

...Oh and by the way, I was only highlighting areas of text that were already hightlighted by the "Quotes site"

Cheers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit