WHY DONT MORE BLACK @ OTHER NATIONALITYS POST ON THIS BOARD

by nightwarrior 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• safe4kids
    safe4kids
    When addressing an issue why don't you address me directly

Ok Larc,

You have a point. So... I found your comments to Stinky extremely insulting, vulgar and rude as well as condescending and arrogant. I also find it interesting that you can take me to task after posting some of the things that you have in this thread; is that not a bit of the pot calling the kettle black? And please enlighten me...is it a sign of intelligence or a lack thereof when one resorts to swearing and personal attacks when attempting to get her or his point across? Coz if so, I reckon you and I both might need to take yet another one of them there intellimagence tests

Ozzie,

Yep, and you were right. I'm thinking it's time for me to bow out of this debate, as nothing can really be accomplished, IMO. I'm also wondering where the moderation is? Not a slam, btw...but I am still confused as to what is allowable and what isn't.

Dana

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    is that not a bit of the pot calling the kettle black?

Is that a pun? LOL

Sorry, just wanted to inject something light into this uncomfortable argument.

Be nice, people, or you won't get any ice cream, and you'll go strait to your rooms!

ash

• larc
    larc

Safe4Kids,

You said that I was insulting, vulgar, rude, condescending, and arragant. You might take note that I did not get emotional and pissed until I was accused of being a racist, when there is no evidence of this whatsoever.

I am not interested in your remarks or your opinion of me. I am deeply offended by the ignorant and unfounded attacks on my person. I stated scientific fact, and that is the way it is. I also, gave you idiots a glimps of my personal liFe, which is none of your business in the first place. So, just leave me the fork alone and go on with your own life and your own ignorance. BE HAPPY!

• patio34
    patio34

Larc,

That raises the question. What is "real intelligence" and how do you measure it? Also, how do you differentiate real intelligence from unreal intelligence?

While desease resistence has survival value in the city, I don't think this is a form of intelligence, unless you define intelligence in very broad terms

I didn't mean "real" vs. unreal intelligence. Natural selection "favored" more intelligence in rural people. It wasn't racial, per se, but survival. The more intelligent survived better and reproduced. Whereas in the cities, disease resistance was more important than intelligence in ensuring survival and reproduction, especially in infants. So, it would end up rural people would be more intelligent, but since they weren't educated in the ways of city folk (I'm talking thousands of years ago), it would appear they were less intelligent, when in fact, they were more intelligent. But an IQ test, if available at the time and based on the culture of the city, wouldn't be able to substantiate this.

Pat

• larc
    larc

Patio,

I find the information you provided to be very interesting. I would suppose the rural people living by their wits would be inclined to evolve into smarter people. Very interesting idea indeed.

Since your premise has to do with people thousands of years ago, I am not sure what that has to do with us today. Two hundred years ago it took 19 people out of 20 to raise all the food, so even that recently, most people lived on the farms. It is only recently that most of us have become city dwellers.

I have no point to make on this subject, just some facts to think about.

Soledad,

Not to leave you out of the conversation, my IQ has nothing to do with anything.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

So it's ok for you to call a number of people here idiots, ignorant, lazy (ad naseum) and yet your offended that you got called on it.

I am not interested in your remarks or your opinion of me. I am deeply offended by the ignorant and unfounded attacks on my person.

(well apparently you are)

I stated scientific fact, and that is the way it is. I also, gave you idiots a glimps of my personal liFe, which is none of your business in the first place. So, just leave me the fork alone and go on with your own life and your own ignorance. BE HAPPY!

You offered the personal information of your own free will so don't go blaming anyone else, we didn't ask for it. Your original post was very inflammatory and anyone of your intelligence would have known that when they posted it. Then you get all in an uproar when you get called on it, almost like you wanted that to happen and when you do get called on you lash out, insult and then to top it off play the victim. Poor me? well I don't think so, why because you've pulled this many times, and I'm not going to post proof of that because apparently your too lazy to go dig them up yourself. Ven Where are the moderators? (bold/italics mine) WTF?was a question by the way

• LDH
    LDH

Hello everyone. Time is not on my side, so I will make this as brief as possible.

1. Race is not the enemy, poverty is the enemy. ( In this country) You don't believe me? Measure the IQ of a child in the Appalachians against the IQ of an average black urban youth from DC.
    2. At one time in our nation's history, black parents risked death to educate their children. They understood the importance of reading, writing, math, etc. Then a few loud mouth Negros got the platform, and decided to tell Black youth, "You don't need to make it it no white man's world!" Those same blacks and their dumb-ass followers then proceeded to lambaste any black child who tried to get a decent education. "Uncle Tom" is a hateful nickname still called to any black man who has 'made it' by fellow blacks who have not.
    3. Every other immigrant group has realized the rich treasure of a free childhood education, and you better damn well believe every Ahkmed, Ling-Ling, and Moustafa is over here driving their children like slaves to make the American Dream.
    4. On the other hand, white and black Americans are for the most part, Lazy-dumb asses who want everything handed to them on a plate.
    5. I don't exactly know the solution, but you better damn well believe my children don't have a lower IQ than their white counterparts.

Take it for what it's worth. Drive your children to get an education. Do not let your children become part of Larc's statistics. (Which do have a measure of truth to them.) Larc, what is your synopsis of The Bell Curve?

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH

PS, ---All. Do not let yourself be sidetracked by Red Herring arguments. Not having the "highest IQ" may or may not indicate intelligence. At one point in history, a 'test' indicating your intelligence didn't mean shit. How well could you provide for your family? Did you know how to farm, raise children, hunt and gather?

Blacks built the pyramids. Blacks were the first original scholars. They had a systematic system of communication still in use today. (Heiroglyphs)

"Lower IQ test scores" on the part of blacks is merely a modern phenomenon. Get over it. Read a book.

• larc
    larc

Venice,

My opening statements were not inflammitory. They were simply statements of fact. They are only inflammitory to those who only read the newspaper and nothing that is technichal in nature.

Some ideas are not politically correct, but that does make those ideas out to be wrong.

Yes, I did use insulting language. I think I already explained why. I was called a racist, pure and simple, which I am not. So, I think I have a right to call someone ignorant for saying such.

Lisa,

I have not read the book The Bell Curve, but I am familiar with the concept, because it had been explained many times before. The stats are true, but the reason for the stats are uncertain.

I think your discussion of culture is an important one. My son in law is college educated. His father is a retired civil engineer. His mother is a retired school teacher. His brother has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. They are black and well educated as a family. I have interacted with all of them, and they are intelligent people, in real life as well as on paper.

Hey Venice,

You white liberal hater of me, tell us all about your experiences with black people. I bet you can't. I have many more stories than these to relate. Just one question: how many black people have you had to your house for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT
    Hey Venice,

You white liberal hater of me, tell us all about your experiences with black people. I bet you can't. I have many more stories than these to relate. Just one question: how many black people have you had to your house for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

heheh first off I don't hate you. My comments to you were not about your being a racist, they were about your being arrogant and condescending. Besides counting how many times you've had a black person to your home is not a great argument IMHO. How many white people have you had over?

And well I've only ever celebrated christmas or Thanksgiving twice and I shared them with a native american, and spanish person.

'Having experiences with black people' well I had a lot of friends in school that were black or other ethnics, as well as on this board, one of my very good friends is, ok well he doesn't post here much anymore but we're still very good friends. I can't believe I just said all this, like what color their skin is matters?

Ven hmmmmmmmmmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit