We Need Your Help...NOW!!!

by SpannerintheWorks 128 Replies latest members private

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've never been a JW, only have a JW friend that I wish would 'see the light'. Anyways, I've always thought that one of the achilles heals that hasn't really been pursued is the Shunning issue and the destruction it does to families. I really believe that if you could get the major media involved, like they did with the child molester problem, you could really stike a blow. The suicide stories alone that I've read on this board would seem to be enough to get some major media types interested.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

One other thing.... I think it would REALLY be helpful if someone could figure out how to type in "Jehovahs Witness" into a search engine and have this site come up in the top 10 or 20 of the list. I just happened to stumble upon this site. I think that maybe a lot of 'questioning' JWs are inquiring on the internet, too bad this site isn't one of the top 10.... it would be dynamite.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I know I keep bringing this subject up but with the war in Iraq, now would be a good time to expose the WT for owning stock in Rand Cam. Show how they are profiting every time a bomb explodes and kills people. Bring up how they claim to be neutral but aren't and how they didn't even tell their members.

After writing up a press release or essay about this, all of us here can send it off to every media source.

Since the war has been taking up most of the airwaves, a war related Watchtower scandal story may get some publicity. It would be even better if all of this happened right before the Memorial.

Devon

• azaria
    azaria

Hi Dawn!

Like you, I have started a pamphlet. I would like to go to various churches and see if I could find any support - then they could distribute it door to door - to get to people before the JW's do. I think many people are vulnerable because they really don't know their bible and don't realize that the JW's bible is very different. I have the New World Translation and found a lot of differences. I don't know how to copy and paste into this reply. Tried it once and lost the graphics.

• mustang
    mustang

A couple of itmes to start a train of thought:

"I am suffering from alienation of affection by my sister. ..." bluesapphire, This thread.

"I later found out I could sue my dad for what they say, is "undue parental influence" even if you are over 18..." LyinEyes,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43405&site=3&page=2

I suffer(ed) from #2.

Add to the list...

Mustang

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I do know of some illegal aliens that are not being reported by the WTBTS. A whole congregation worth or more of illegals.

I am being shunned by my parents. They haven't talked to me for months...so yes, I'd say it affects my relationship.

Shoot me an email if you want details.

FD

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

oops...accidentally double clicked "submit".

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

How about a collective effort to sabotage the door to door work. A surgical hit would be good..If enough people could be found in a local area they could then target one congregation..Follow the people as they go door to door. You could then run ahead of the JW's and warn the householder or follow behind and warn the householder of the pitfalls of JW life. Do these week after week (Saturday after Saturday)After some time I'm sure it would capture the attention of NY. Perhaps get the local news involved. The more you can bring media attention the more harm can be done.

If you house is on a major street then post a sign warning about the JW's

Wear a sandiwch board and walk up and down the street.....oh wait thats been done already

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I really want to see something legal happen about minors getting baptized and then the WTBS changing the baptism questions in 1985. That has got to be illegal! As far as I am concerned--they broke a contract with me! And as a 12 yr old I had no legal business entering into a contract with them anyway---they got no signature from my parents allowing me to do that! Can't something be done?

Ravyn

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Shunning of adult JWs baptized as minors – would be interesting if this issue could get some traction. Changing the rules after baptism, and not providing "full disclosure" before baptism are all interesting issues to explore. Many of us have been effected in one way or another by this issue.

Regarding the blood issue, I am one who would not be alive today were it not for caring doctors who got a court order because I was bleeding to death while unconscious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit