We Need Your Help...NOW!!!

by SpannerintheWorks 128 Replies latest members private

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I just tapped into this post. Someone convince me that this is a bonafide person we are familiar with, that we can trust them, and what they are going to do. I have seen no specifics yet. Just being cautious!

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

[email protected]

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Like Devon Mcbride, I believe that there is a lot of mileage in the Rand Cam / Rgi scandal . Personally I am outraged by this, greater than the UN business, in my opinion.

Unless I have missed something on the board, we are at a point where the WT have denied holding any shares in the company but the firms stock exchange listing shows differently. Letters to Rand Cam have not been answered.

Therefore the WT are saying that the company have filed false information with the authorities. Surely that is a serious matter that the authorities should investigate? I am not familiar with Canadian procedures but someone may know how to get something moving

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Bluesbrother,

Like Devon Mcbride, I believe that there is a lot of mileage in the Rand Cam / Rgi scandal

Do you have any links? Really important!

Spanner

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Sorry for the confusion but I have just edited out my original post completely, because I misunderstood Randy's words and I was embarrassed at how easy it was to misunderstand my own words. For the record, and for what it's worth, I am 100% behind all the campaigning and anything that can possibly be done to help.

Gamaliel

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi friends,

Whoa!

I never said don't trust Spanner, that was not my intent. I am not suspicious at all. Obviously he is doing this out of a good motive. I have worked with high-level attorneys and multi-million dollar clients in order to attempt class-action lawsuits against the Watchtower in the past. Basically you need a few successful individual lawsuits against the WT or elders, and then go on to a legit class-action. You cannot sue the WT for shunning in the U.S., as religions are protected in this. What they do has to be ILLEGAL by the laws of the land. Cost: about 3/4 million $$ or more. Sending $8 a person and not having any cases to begin with is usually unacceptable to attorneys and they would never take the case. If you can find someone who will, more power to ya! Fund raising among ex-JWs is extremely difficult, as you will never get more than a few hundred $$ at most. I've been doing this work for 21 years, take my word. :-)) If you can, more power to Spanner, and I will contribute as well. That is why I questioned his credentials in the first place, as it did not appear he had any grounds or battle plan to stand on. But I didn't want to embarrass him publicly, let him email me if he wants to. If he has a good case, we can work together! Every three months someone pops up with the idea of suing the WT, but it never works, not in the last two decades has there been one successful case. A good source of help would be Bill Bowen of silentlambs.org, he knows what we are up against in the legal arena. It's a LONG EXPENSIVE ROAD. If Spanner's efforts are not primarily legal, but some other campaign, why not give the details of the campaign before everyone gets all excited? Am I out of place to ask such questions? I don't think so. By the way, I guess there are 3 Ians from England here? LOL how confusing!! :-)) I am only referring to Spanner in question. Spanner, give me some feedback please. My goal is your goal, my friend. thanks, Randy Watters www.freeminds.org

• Dansk
    Dansk

Gamaliel,

What does THIS mean:

Randy,

Someone convince me that this is a bonafide person we are familiar with, that we can trust them, and what they are going to do. I have seen no specifics yet. Just being cautious!

Funny you should ask. In another thread I wrote (about a Kingdom Interlinear):
    I've recently bought a used purple one and will have it sent to you
    and someone privately asked me if I wouldn't send it to him directly because I didn't trust him.

Randy wasn't referring to me but your post undoubtedly was. Why? What is it you don’t trust about me – bearing in mind I have posted to you my personal e-mail address AND the address of the faculty in Cambridge, plus the name of the academic doing the research. All of these can be checked out.

Tell me also, why would I put my real picture up if I was working to scam people?

What are YOUR reasons for casting aspersions as to my character? All you had to do was contact Simon – or is HE out to cheat everyone as well?

For the record, Randy and I are in contact – perhaps he isn’t to be trusted, either!

Dansk

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Dansk,

I am so sorry for how this must have sounded.

I don't think you are untrustworthy at all. You have given me no reason to mistrust. I'm just saying that I myself also go through feelings of mistrust and suspicion, and that someone else had also picked up on it from my own words on a different thread, even though I didn't mean to advertise it. Someone had just written to me about whether I trusted you and I was just starting to answer him very much in the affirmative, when I read Randy's post which seemed to question how much we should trust about this campaign. Also, I was very sloppy, I see now in the way I conveyed that idea here in this thread, and I have edited my previous post out of this thread so no one else misunderstands.

I believe it is a great thing that is going on here. And I believed it is ludicrous for anyone to think that a call for money like the one proposed would be out of line, anyway. (How else could something get started?) Even in a worst case scenario it would net no one a great deal of money. (But that's also a potential problem considering what it takes to do a national or international campaign.) When the campaign gets rolling along, I'm sure then the real money will start coming in, because even the suspicious people will then know where it's going, and how it's to be used. By then everyone possible should be convinced, which is what it's going to take.

Randy wasn't referring to me but your post undoubtedly was. Why? What is it you don’t trust about me – bearing in mind I have posted to you my personal e-mail address AND the address of the faculty in Cambridge, plus the name of the academic doing the research. All of these can be checked out.

Yes, I was referring to you and not Spanner, and I'm sorry for how it was taken. I know it can all be checked out. Before I could get to the chat I thought I'd be sending the book to you directly, but even that wasn't a problem. My real point was that it was silly to think that a few KIT Bibles would somehow become a windfall for you.

What are YOUR reasons for casting aspersions as to my character? All you had to do was contact Simon – or is HE out to cheat everyone as well?

Sorry you saw it that way. It's true that I was hesitant to give my own personal address out until I knew a little more about the plan. But I expect to be able to help in any way I can.

For the record, Randy and I are in contact – perhaps he isn’t to be trusted, either!

I'm anonymous here, but Randy and I have crossed paths in person. I trust Randy, Simon, Spanner and, for the record, I trust you. My own judgment, otoh, I'm not so sure about anymore. Sorry for the awkwardness I just created. Please consider me completely on board.

Gamaliel

Edited also to add: I'd love to edit this whole embarrassing episode out of this thread, but I wanted a hopefully clearer statement of support to be understood first. If you think that the discussion itself is unhealthy and potentially negative to the campaign, I am very willing to blank out my posts completely. I can only do that myself for 24 hours, I think but Simon (or other moderators) can do this at any time.

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

I have some conections at the local university and city (the Victoria Times Colonist) papers. I can get a story published as long as its not too crazy. Let me know if I can help. But it'll have to be before the summer as I'm moving away and it'll be harder to orchestrate then. -J

• Dansk
    Dansk

Gamaliel,

I'm posting here now but will send you a pm later. I admire your courage. It takes guts to admit you made a mistake. Heck, doesn't everyone (just ask my wife, I do it all the time)!

The matter is closed - and you're my friend whether you like it or not

With sincere best wishes,

Ian (Dansk)

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Dansk,

Forgiveness is a great thing. Thanks!

Now let's get this thread back on track with more ideas.

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit