American protester killed in Gaza

by Trauma_Hound 90 Replies latest members adult

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Unfortunately I don't have a reference, but I seem to recall hearing on the news yesterday that some anti-war protesters are planning on storming a US military base.

When they were notified by the base that it is their long standing policy to use deadly force to defend against intruders, the protesters complained.

Duuuuuu! What are military bases supposed to do? Are they now required to capture and question invaders before opening fire?

• JeffT
    JeffT

A military person that I talk to on another board, pointed out that it wasn't a regular bulldozer. It was an armored military vehicle. It would have impossible to hear anything inside it, and very difficult to see out. The driver has only very narrow slits to see through. When moving vehicles like this around a base there is some one outside it telling the driver where to go. The vehicle has a phone on the outside for this purpose. Because of the sniper danger there was no outside guide. Standing sitting whatever, putting youself in front of this kind of vehicle is plain stupid. Calling this murder is wrong.

• LB
    LB

Jeff it was a regular bulldozer.

alt

alt

• amac
    amac

JeffT, I wouldn't call it murder. I would call it manslaughter and gross negligence on the part of the driver and wreckless behavior on the part of the protester.

• seawolf
    seawolf

Now THAT is a big bulldozer.

I didn't see TH's post on the depleted uraniun pics, but I'm willing to bet it was the .nl site? I've seen them..pretty bad. Iraq will never be the same.

• berten
    berten

>Hopefully when our troops come home none of them will be spat upon.
    >These are just kids just as they were back during Nam.
    >Spit on a politician if you disagree with what happens,
    >but all these kids are going to experience some horrible things.
    >They will never forget what's going to happen...

Where they (The troops & and this American protester) *forced* to go there?
    Since there is no conscription or obligation it must have been their choice.
    Just as it was the choice of that protester to risk her life.
    But why is there *more* sympathy for soldiers willing to kill on demand,
    than there is for a protester risking her life?
    I mean those with sympathy for the troops now have the *same* opinion
    on her as I have with the troops there...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    And your statements on him not hearing her are nonsense. Have you ever been on a construction site? I've never had the problem of getting the attention of a heavy equipment operator and yelling to him,

Uh, I built and operated heavy equipment for 3 years. You think a D-9 cat is a quite machine? Why does the operator wear hearing protection? The blade is clealy much higher than the young lady and blocks the view of the operator for quite a distance close up. She had every opportunity to move, as any sane person would do and as apparently whoever was walking around snapping pictures did.

Bottom line, you go up against a caterpillar bulldozer, don't be surprised if you lose. If you read the article, the building was already half demolished, so why the need to protect that one? And, I'll ask you again, where are they acting as human shields to stop the Palestinian Suicide Bombers? Or, is it okay to kill people, so long as they are Jews?

The rush to judgment sickens me, from the side that claims to want so much tolerance.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Umm ya ok, this coming from someone that hasn't proved any links between Saddam and 9/11.

• amac
    amac
    The rush to judgment sickens me, from the side that claims to want so much tolerance.

You're right, everyone posting on this, no doubt, knows jack shit about it, being that we are viewing things through the media on the other side of the world. But don't be hypocritical. You too have been judging this bulldozer driver innocent by putting together a loosely fit defense and have practically proclaimed the protester as being guilty. We have no idea and shouldn't be putting the blame on either of them without recognizing and acknowledging that we don't have much to base our opinions on.

With that said, recognizing I have nothing to base this on besides my gut, I'd be willing to bet that it was both of their faults.

• Buster
    Buster

This situation speaks loads about American freedoms. Unfortunately, she was not in America.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit