American protester killed in Gaza

by Trauma_Hound 90 Replies latest members adult

• teejay
    teejay

>>> she should have thought ahead and not put herself into that situation. No matter how strongly I felt about a cause, I would not put myself in a potentially dangerous situation like she did. Just does not make sense.

It's hard for me to understand how some can so easily dismiss what Rachel did! Acts like hers have been safely done all over civilized society for decades. Of course, in places where totalitarian regimes are in control, it's foolhardy to take those kinds of actions. BUT WE GIVE 100% SUPPORT TO ISRAEL -- monetarily, politically, militarily! Why do we support one brutally heartless regime and feel another one just like it must be changed?

Secondly, you have a point about Rachel. Most likely it would have been easy for her to move out of the way of the bulldozer and lived. It's totally her fault that she didn't.

Her foolhardiness was in that she acted under the presumption that the Israeli soldier driving the bulldozer had basic human kindness and wasn't some murderous bastard willing to run over a fellow human being with a 80ton vehicle. Yeah... Rachel was stupid for thinking Israelis have hearts. I guess she learned the truth the hard way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit