American protester killed in Gaza

by Trauma_Hound 90 Replies latest members adult

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

WOW! I'm now convinced and must change my long held stance. I do believe immediate legislation is in order to prevent this from happening again. We all need to write our congressmen and demand they pass a new law declaring bulldozers as dangerous and place immediate federal controls on them. Maybe they can sue Caterpillar.

Imagine, run out in front of a moving bulldozer and you get run over and lose. What'll happen next? Maybe those crying how clearly she should have been seen should try driving one of those mean sadistic bulldozers and see how clearly you can see from them. Maybe that is why they are usually painted bright yellow, so we mere little humans can see that the massive bulldozer is there in front of us.

But, may I ask, why is this womans death more important than the hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis Saddam has had slaughtered and that live under his cruel dictatorship? He slaughters and tortures many people every single day and it does not merit such outcry, only the effort to rid the region of him.

• seawolf
    seawolf

I read that earlier today.

They probably mistakingly thought she was a palestinian militant like the two Israelis that Israel killed yesterday.

• animal
    animal

Finally.... TH manages to call me names. Its about time... I was feeling left out of his small world.

I ask questions in a general nature, and you take it personal. And yes, I am a sick individual.... but not for the reasons you may think.

Animal

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Dakota, the article said nothing about her running in front of the bulldoze, had you actually bothered to read the article, it said she had been seated in front of the house for 3 hours. I just love you bush robots, always have to bring up bush, and iraq, in a thread, that has nothing to do with either.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    so basically what your saying is that it's ok for isrial to murder un-armed protestors with a bulldozer.

Isn't that bit of a rush to judgement? When and where did you hold any inquiry into this incident? Were you a witness? Have you much experience operating heavy earth moving equipment to declare that this was a deliberate murder? Have you spoken to the driver? Will you retract that inflammatory statement if any official investigation declares it an unfortunate accident? Does this mean you consider any incident between a human and a piece of large equipment as murder, or only when it suits your agenda?

One of the current fears over a war with Iraq is that Saddam may order Scud missles lobbed into Israel, who is not involved with any effort to oust him. If that were to happen, would you declare that murder also, or would you join the other Saddam lovers and cheer?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

This seems fairly simple, if a bulldozer is coming toward you, get out of the way!!! On the other hand, if you wish to give up your life for your cause, by all means, stay where you are.

• animal
    animal

Bush robot? Me? Hardly.... we hold him to the fire as much as anyone.

Animal

• jelly
    jelly

I bet she does not have the guts to try that again.

My only question is if the ‘peace / pro-totalitarianism’ protestors in America are going to attempt to ‘rush the wire’ at Vandenberg AFB. If that happens, we should see even more Darwinism

I also wonder if they are going to paint a little black outline of a protestor with a red x through it on the bulldozer?

Terry

• ISP
    ISP

Peaceful protest doesn't work. Thats the problem here. So when another person blows themself up on a bus...you know why.

ISP

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Dakota, the article said nothing about her running in front of the bulldoze, had you actually bothered to read the article, it said she had been seated in front of the house for 3 hours. I just love you bush robots, always have to bring up bush, and iraq, in a thread, that has nothing to do with either.

Charlie, maybe you should try reading more than one account of the incident.

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81209,00.html

Greg Schnabel, 28, of Chicago, said the protesters were in the house of Dr. Samir Masri. Israeli almost daily has been tearing down houses of Palestinians it suspects in connection with Islamic militant groups, saying such operations deter attacks on Israel such as homicide bombings.

"Rachel was alone in front of the house as we were trying to get them to stop," Schnabel said. "She waved for the bulldozer to stop and waved. She fell down and the bulldozer kept going. We yelled, 'Stop, stop,' and the bulldozer didn't stop at all. It had completely run over her and then it reversed and ran back over her."

Anyone familiar at all with operating heavy equipment can see the description of the incident shows me more an unfortunate accident. The operator sits very high up off the ground and cannot see that well directly in front of them. They are also very noisy pieces of equipment, often with the operator wearing hearing protection. Moving backwards is also a normal function of operating such equipment, not necessarily a deliberate move to cripple or kill her. Given the weight of a bulldozer, the operator could not feel anything to indicate he ran over a human in sand.

Yes, it’s possible the operator did do it deliberately, but there is more likelihood it was just as the military described it, an unfortunate accident.

Bottom line is, you put yourself in front of a moving bulldozer, expect to be hurt. Sitting on railroad tracks as a train is coming, is as about as smart as what the young lady did. But, with a small degree of lobbying from the left, I'm sure warning labels could be placed on all bulldozers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit