by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• Scott77
    Scott77

lady Lee,

I wholly 100% supports your decision..

Scott77

• steve2
    steve2

While I do wish Lady Lee well, some of her goodbye message revealed a measure of a manipulative "parting shot". How can she assert people were silent in response to what was being written about AAWA? Does she know who read the many AAWA posts? What if the posters she lumps in together weren't even on the forum "silently" reading over the time period of several AAWA threads? Her sentiments are more emotion-based judgement than clear-voiced analysis.

Contrary to what Lady Lee suggests, JWN is not a " group" - and most certainly not a group along the lines of the monumentally haughty AAWA. JWN is a forum for those with a common interest in the Watchtower - especially the impact of that religion on current members and ex-members. That's a potentially very , very wide range of people who do not "see" themselves as constituting a group. To speak of JWN as if it were supposed to be a unified group with a singular goal is a convenient distortion, unfortunately extending the JW fixation with the unified group mentality to this forum -then cryptically giving it the "kiss off" because posters stood by silently as AAWA was ...? In her thinly disguised indignation, Lady Lee does not summon the clarity of thought to say what her exact beef is. Unfortunately, Lady Lee exhibited another Watchtower trait:Making grandly judgemental pronouncements with no room for meaningful exchange - or, heaven forbid, responding to having one's own veiled criticism in turn criticised.

Yes, none of this changes my admiration for Lady Lee's years of sound moderating. It's just a shame her final message is a well-aimed parting shot that values unification above honest tilling over of ideas, leaving me wondering about how powerful the Watchtower quest for unity and stifling of uncomfortable conversations still is in the minds of people who - I would have thought - would know better.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I do not understand why Lady lee being here is a conflict of interest in her mind, this is not a group in oppostion to AAWA nor a rival.

Its only 'to do with' AAWA was various ones (self included) giving AAWA a flogging over its actions and lack of actions.

Good luck Lee...dont burn any bridges...

Oz

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

I think the point is this; Simon sabotaged Lady Lee's effort to Moderate on the AAWA's threads, and Lady Lee saw that as an infringement on her moral capacity and a disregard for her role on JWN. So She flared up and decided to take the shot.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Actually what happened, His Excellency, was that Cedars asked Lady Lee to lock the thread and she did so. However, since the thread had not contravened any of the board's guidelines, Simon opened it up again. The exchange is here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/250042/19/AAWA-is-here-The-Association-of-Anti-Watchtower-Activists

Lady Lee, I wish you well and hope you drop by here and post from time-to-time.

I must comment on this, however:

" To those of you who have sat silently and watched and read over the last few weeks I hope you can look into your conscience and say you did the right thing. That you took a stand. That your moral compass is still working or for some that it has started to work. I wish you well."

Let's just say I have my own reasons for not wading into this particular crapstorm, namely, hard lessons I learnt from the last time I waded into a crapstorm. I decided to keep my opinions private this time around and I am certain I have done the right thing.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Good luck to you Lady Lee!

• designs
    designs

I will be interesting to see how the first successful campaign against the Wt. goes.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I am only new here, but good luck Lady Lee....

• tornapart
    tornapart

Wishing you all the very best Lady Lee

• jgnat
    jgnat

A pleasure as always, Lady Lee. Enjoy your freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit