My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

I think Cedars is manipulative and controlling and does whatever he can to get his own way. He's demonstrated it on several occassions whether it's over-hyping a complaint about someone else to get them removed, exaggerating an imagined negative effect someone elses opinion has to gain support or taking offense too easily to avoid a discussion that doesn't go his way. What particularly worries me is that there appear to be several incidents now where emotional and vulnerable people appear to be manipulated, again to get his way.

It's hard to deal with a person like that for anything significant over any period of time.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Didn't Simon originally shut down the Cedar's bashing thread? When did Lady Lee come into play. Did she shut down other threads other than the one Simon did?

I also recall Simon posting all AAWA threads in one concise post. Were these previously blocked by Simon or LL?

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think trying to stop people discussing current issues is going to work so why try?

Bad restaurant owners try to dismis and discredit negative reviews. Good ones listen and recognise that harsh criticism and opinion is still valuable feedback.

Most of the topics are linked from here

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kallam

Were you on this board, before? If so, who were you registered as? Your memories go all the way back to youknow. That is a few yrs.

S

• steve2
    steve2

I fully acknowledge Lady Lee had the courage to publically announce her departure from this forum. As I said earlier, if she had confined her "Final Goodbye" to announcing her departure and wishing others well, this would have been a perfect thread for us to wish her well in return and even express the hope she might reconsider.

That it is not such a thread is due in very large part to Lady Lee's intentionally embedding her farewell with a well-aimed parting shot. Her specific reference to the "silence" of some reveals a subtle - and hard to ignore - judgementalism that tries to mask itself as a "motherly" nudge at the "silent" people's consciences. She draws reference in the self-same context to the silence of those who do not speak up when they know sexual abuse has occurred. Wow! That's quite a low blow, "mother"!

Those protesting the many spirited negative reactions of posters to the way Lady Lee announced her departure need to carefully re-read her OP. It goes well beyond "just" saying a "Final Goodbye".

Of course, as I have tirelessly said, Lady Lee is fully entitled to expressing her views and does not need to answer to anyone. Yet at the same time she and especially those who emotionally decry her treatment here need to look squarely at what she wrote and what she heavily implied about the calibre of people who frequent this forum.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, she was just tired, and needed to move on to something more projecty, as in like somehting that needed work, like doe that needed kneeding, a kitty that needed petting, or a pile of horse dung that had some seeds in it that needed finding.

Kallam

Still waiting, buddy.

S

• mind blown
    mind blown

.....having a tantrum Steve2 because some don't react the way you'd like? Control freak.

Ha, now that I've re read LL Op, it points back to YOU making a bigger deal then what's really there. I can actually see four interpetations. You read only one. The one you want to see and now with a reative WOW to stir the pot...

-"to look squarely at what she wrote and what she heavily implied about the calibre of people who frequent this forum" .

That's your twisted interpetation.

Again. Some of us choose not to make a big deal about LL OP for various reason. Don't like it. Tooooooo bad.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

to look squarely at what she wrote and what she heavily implied about the calibre of people who frequent this forum.

Maybe she was pricking the conscience of "lurkers" or even regular posters who are suppressed by indifference.

Maybe it was motivated by "mothers" love.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

Good luck Lee: You'll be happy again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt-aWvS4eUA

• steve2
    steve2

Mindblown, I do see where you are coming from - you have taken something different from the OP. Fair enough. It's unfortunate, however, that you feel the need to use personal labels about me rather than sticking to the point. If it's okay for you to reply to points I've raised with which you take exception I would not help advance the discussion by labeling your motives or behaviour.

In daring to pursue this point of personal labels, I may be inadvertently inviting further negative labels from you or others. So be it. In my view, the points you have clearly raised stand (or fall) on their own merits. Similarly, so do mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit