My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Lee: Just be true to yourself and don't fall for the promise of position within an organization: inevitably, there is always the risk that someone will want more people who agree with them around and promoted, that's just how organizations work and sometimes you can just see the traits in people.

I'm surprised that you never shared your opinions on the AAWA or the situation either publicly or privately. All I asked was that you not moderate topics on the AAWA due completely to the conflicting position that Cedars put you in. I'm surprised that you chose not to let us know in advance that you didn't want to moderate here any longer which was slightly dissappointing and is why I am a little concerned about the balance of input you're perhaps listening to when you made that decision.

As I said though, I sincerely wish you the best and hope that you bring a little of the common sense and humility to the AAWA that they are so badly in need of.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Sorry to see you go.

• scotoma
    scotoma

I am NOT sorry to see you go.

I had another identity on this forum.

I pleaded with you to stop one of your good friends here from harassing me on my posts.

You did nothing.

From my standpoint you did NOTHING to moderate my situation.

• Simon
    Simon

scotoma: My apologies if that happend, please send me details if you'd like me to look into this. I really don't want anyone to suffer any harrassment on this site.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lee,

I have appreciated your work here and elsewhere and wish you well. You will be missed.

However I think you are way off base when you write:

To those of you who have sat silently and watched and read over the last few weeks I hope you can look into your conscience and say you did the right thing.

On the contrary, I think it is those that have inflammed the issue with their thoughless, incessant posts that have made the situation worse.

Clearly, mistakes were made. Clearly, there was a telling gap between the acknowledgment of those mistakes and a genuine apology. It is just as clear that those injured tried to place blame on individuals not responsible. Clearly they did not seem willing to accept the apology when rendered.

Clearly, and this is the part that I was most disappointed to see, many that had no personal stake in the events took the opportunity to make statements which only served to continue the dispute and further separate the different factions.

• still thinking
    still thinking

To those of you who have sat silently and watched and read over the last few weeks I hope you can look into your conscience and say you did the right thing...LL

And I hope you will eventually do the same...I hope the fact that innocent people have been harmed during the creation of this organisation pricks your conscience. I hope at some point your conscience will tell you that wasn't ok, and it wasn't ok that they took so long to DO anything about it and deny and blame others.

Yeah...some of us have silently watched. And some of us haven't. which were you?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is the end of an era. It's big. Wow. Take good care, Lee. I respect your decision to stop moderating here. As for AAWA, I don't understand what AAWA is about really. I just know that where ever you are, you will help people.

• Violia
    Violia

I have stopped reading all the AAWA ( good or bad ) b /c as was pointed out, anything can become a religion and then cease to benefit the very ones they want to help. Witness Silent lambs. I want others to find out TTATT. I want the news about the Conti case. to cover the globe. I have been frightened all my life inito silence by elders ( and their wives) and men in general. I will not live the rest of my life in fear. The wts deseves what it is getting as a result of the Conti case and lets hope there is a lot more.

Rev 18:5 " For her sins are piled as high as heaven, and God remembers her evil deeds." The wts will live and die with the choices they have made.

sorry about spelling but IE spell will not work on win7 IE10.

choices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0oQCh_teg

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thank you very much for your help and your time here.

I wish you well in all of your ventures.

Cheers

Chris

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thank you for all your insightful posts and your willingness for so long to help others leaving the WTS. I am very grateful that you took your time to be a moderator on this forum. I think back to the time when I began posting here and reading so many heartbreaking stories. So many new ones needed to vent and be free to really state opinions for the first time. You have helped to keep this forum an avenue to accomplish that in a healthy way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit