My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• still thinking
    still thinking

No...I hate lots of things....cruelty to animals...inhumane treatment of humans..I hate child abuse....I could go on.

And I hate people who try to manipulate other people through guilt. Or to be more precise...I hate that behaviour. Better?

Maybe I should re word that for the more politically correct amongst us...that don't like strong words attached to strong emotions.

I feel a very strong negative emotion towards people who exhibit manipulative guilt tripping behaviour.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hating someone can make us forget they are human.

This place is feeding hate toward the people who left. It is not healthy. It is not good.

Let's stop feeding and growing and nurturing the hate. Let's stop.

• *lost*
    *lost*

........ .... ...............

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hating someone can make us forget they are human.

Oh for goodness sake...lets all love the WTS...and the governing body...and child abuse. We might forget they are people?

Did you forget the original mission of AAWA itself....the ANTI Watchtower activists? I doubt the mission has changed. Only the name.

This place is feeding hate toward the people who left. It is not healthy. It is not good.

AAWA came and divided this forum...talk to them about it. they are the ones who do not want to communicate. They are the ones who have harmed people by outing them needlessly.

I say I hate that behaviour and the manipulative behaviour of one of their members and I am feeding hate towards people who have left? hmmmm.

I do not hate LL as a person...but I intensely dislike the behavour she has exhibited here. Along with the manipulative, lying dishonest behaviour AAWA the organisation has exhibited.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

You can keep your straw men about loving child molesters etc.

I stand by what I said.

I hope we can stop feeding and growing the hate toward the people who left.

• still thinking
    still thinking

No straw man there....It is possible to hate the crime but not hate the person. Plenty of people have forgiven child molesters. They don't hate them. But they do hate what they did or do. But that still doesn't stop us saying we hate child molesters does it? Because we hate the behavour.

We hate shunning...do we hate the shunners? some of us might. Or some of us might feel pity for them.

We hate the GB for their manipulation and control. If we met these people individually, would we really hate them as people? Some might, but most? Probably not.

When I said I hate people who try to make others feel guilty...that was general comment about people who exhibit that type of behaviour.

In no way do I hate LL as a person. She has done a lot of good for people. But that doesn't mean it excuses this behaviour.

• steve2
    steve2

Although I must say Satanus interpretation of your comments were pretty hilarious.

yes...and insightful too. I hadn't given too much thought to the positive impact of even just one or two "blahs", but whole paragraphs of them packed together add quite a lift to my point of view. Many thanks Satanus!

• mind blown
    mind blown

Steve2, I NEVER said LL OP was not "negative" or "positive". I said IT IS WHAT IT IS. But I also see a few interpretations if one wants to look at it in varous ways. Many aren't making a big deal about (including me) for various reasons which you seem intent on getting a rise out of....that's where the control freak comes in. Get your facts straight.

I personally feel LL hasn't done a deed so nasty she deserves to be hanged.

She's done a lot for the XJW community as well as Child Sexual Abuse victims.......

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I've refrained from commenting on this thread until now. But I have to say I'm glad Still Thinking has the courage to call it what it is. I deeply respect. LL. I'm similar to her in so many ways, and like her, I want to use my psychology training and skills to help others, especially those who have been damaged by this cult.

But I was deeply disappointed by this post. I took it to mean that LL was chastising all of us here for not standing up for BBXB in spite of the headstrong, "we don't care who we hurt because we are remarkable and we have an important cause" attitude. But it was incredibly passive aggressive, because she also chose to remain silent on the other side, as ST pointed out.

As free2beme says, goodbye threads are lame. They are done with a purpose - either because you think you are really important or because you hope your leaving will teach everyone a lesson. I expected much better of LL. That said, I understand the place she is coming from. When you are hurt on a personal level, you sometimes lash out at a group, even though it's unreasonable.

But I'm tired of the silly "hate" accusations. There is no hatred here. People are genuinly disturbed that someone they respected would have accused them of not standing up for what they believe in, or however you want to interpet LLs morality clause. This post was unnecessary and it bothers people for a very valid reason.

When I read it, I have to say that I was also disturbed by the slap in the face delivered to Simon. Not cool. Unprofessional. Therapists must follow a code of ethics. As a therapist in CAnada, LL must follow the CPA code of ethics which includes things like being straightforward, conflict of interest, responsible caring, confidentiality, and minimizing harm. You must not engage in any activity that might cause harm to others. It's a pretty comprehensive code. I don't think goodbye posts that are intended to make a lot of people feel like they are not standing up for what is right are exactly in harmony with that code.

http://www.cpa.ca/cpasite/userfiles/Documents/Canadian%20Code%20of%20Ethics%20for%20Psycho.pdf

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Lady lee forgot to lock this thread after her first post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit