My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• ballistic
    ballistic

That's the end of an era then Lady Lee. Do you remember you were ballistic's Secret Santa or I mean vice vera? I only did that for a couple of years. You've always been a great help on here to everyone I know of, and myself.

P.S. I wish you'd fixed all those "best of" dead links... only kidding ;)

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

If it makes any difference, you are the most fair-minded and reasonable moderator that I have come across on the 'net , and I can only hope that Simon and the rest can hold the fort without you.. Thank you for listening and replying to my queries, even when others would not. You will be missed.. (by the way, I only linked back to this thread on *AAWA in a nutshell* so that more people would see it, not sure if you/simon got the wrong idea. You missed the other one i posted on *Re: The Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses (AAWA) [WARNING]*, check my record if you want to delete that too. Sorry.. Won't do that again.)

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you , LL - I know you helped me out a couple times, and a belated thank you for that.

I know I have faced my share of JW moral challenges that I didn't run away from and I cheer when I see a poster on the forum meet those challenges head on, instead of fading into the shadows. Silence is what the WT leaders want and shunning is the tool they use to keep the collar and chain on the necks of JWs who want to leave the KH.

That being said, the news media doesn't find stories about JW cruelty and mid control worth very many column inches of news print. I think they subconsciously feel that any JW who has trouble leaving the KH has it coming-ie, a just punishment for waking everyone up on Saturday morning at 9:30AM.- The old, adage, you reap what you sow, is the sword hanging over the neck of any JW who walks out of the KH. I wish public education about the WT publishing scam-religion could make it easier for JWs to leave the KH, but in my 25 years of work it seems like ex-JWs are having more trouble, not less.

Good luck on your new projects.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

So sorry you won't be around here.

I wish you all the best.

This is a big loss to the board.

• james_woods
    james_woods

And thus we record the latest negative side effect of the train wreck that AAWA has become.

• designs
    designs

LL- Stop back by from time to time and let us know how your projects are going.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Lee M.,

I've known you longer than most. You know that. You have been an icon on this board.

All I can say is what I think is important to say: once you join an "organized group(tm)" you turn a good thing into shit.

I mean this. I have spent my life NOT getting into crusades because the crusade inevitably becomes more important than the thing the crusade is crusading against. Every single religion and every single cult and every single charity is a testiment to that.

Beware, m'lady. You are making a big mistake and eventually you will figure out that. Please and I mean PLEASE don't get involved in that trap. You will regret it, and I will take no pleasure when you finally realize that. I will only rejoice when you discover that to be true.

"A camel is a horse designed by a committee." NONE of the Biblical prophets (even though that is all nonsense) worked in a group. NONE.

Farkel, No White Horse CLASS

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Best of wishes to Lady Lee to helping others.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Lady Lee, this news is hitiing me like a ton of bricks. Every time i open the computer lately, all I see is bad news, and here I find it happening again. As Farkel just said, please be careful in your new endeavor. I've said before that you, JWfacts, (Barbara A. before she left) and JV2 are among those that I consider the most trustworthy of the new venture, and out of anyone, YOU are the one who will keep the ship on an even course. I am sick and in shock that you are no longer going to be here, by far you have been the most patient, most caring, and most empathetic towards people's needs when they have had a problem here.

The rest of the people at AAWA had better appreciate you and take your advice when needed.

All my best to you Dear Lee!

Lady Lee,

I've enjoyed reading your posts over the course of the last decade plus that I've been here. I am sorry that your departure appears to be related to the AAWA mess, which has been harmful to many fpr many different reasons. There have been many conflicts here over the years I've been on this site, but you've always handled yourself in a dignified manner and stayed above the fray.

I wish you the best of luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit